Is this a hermie?

I disagree GQ, only because he wasn’t even sure if it was a hermie and this is his first grow and it is bag seed. Which means he may not spot the ones that appear in a couple of weeks on the lower branches of the colas. I would chop it and throw it in the compost. Too much risk of pollinating the whole crop. I’ve done that more than once.

Why did you choose to mainline on your first grow, radikal? Just curious. It takes such a long time to veg.

If you put it in a tent it will seed itself and you will waste 2-3 months of electricity and have a shitty end product. Don’t waste your time! Fill the tent with autos and leave the lights on at least 18/6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't you yourself just say this person is a new grower, and you are suggesting to grow fiddly autos..

I disagree stinky because he has posted a pic of a hermie and members have confirmed its a hermie so he is framiliar with what a hermie looks and he'll now be able to recognise male nuts if more start to grow on other parts of the plant, i just thought it may be worth a shot because as if it works and sometimes it does that radikal with end up with more buds so not a total loss, and i put a lot of emphasis on the fact that daily checks are crucial, hermies can still produce some nice buds and this why i have advised him to have a crack at salvaging thr unaffected parts of the plant, cheers stinky,,,GQ

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

Didn't you yourself just say this person is a new grower, and you are suggesting to grow fiddly autos..

No, just automatics. There are some solid autos that have been released over the past couple of years that are very easy to grow. With the amount of work that has been done, some breeders are approaching IBLs, so they grow uniform and are great for SOGs, or a few larger containers and just let them go.

If u got 1 plant keep it , if u got more pull it

I never had a hermie that stayed on 1 branch , they will always be there somewhere , eventually they will appear higher as the plant matures

As GQ said constant checks n removal will get u some nice buds , but u will get seeds

It depends how diligent u r on how many

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

• Upvote 1

No, just automatics. There are some solid autos that have been released over the past couple of years that are very easy to grow. With the amount of work that has been done, some breeders are approaching IBLs, so they grow uniform and are great for SOGs, or a few larger containers and just let them go.

Yes and any new growers errors won't effect these super fantastic autos that I see everybody growing...?

I know if I had tried autos to begin with I'd be down a fuck load of money by now

• Upvote 1

I disagree stinky because he has posted a pic of a hermie and members have confirmed its a hermie so he is framiliar with what a hermie looks and he'll now be able to recognise male nuts if more start to grow on other parts of the plant, i just thought it may be worth a shot because as if it works and sometimes it does that radikal with end up with more buds so not a total loss, and i put a lot of emphasis on the fact that daily checks are crucial, hermies can still produce some nice buds and this why i have advised him to have a crack at salvaging thr unaffected parts of the plant, cheers stinky,,,GQ

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Fair enough, GQ. That does sound very reasonable and justified. I know how annoyed I get when those balls appear and know what has happened when I’ve tried to save the day. But it’s all good. If he follows your advice and checks religiously I’m sure he’ll be ok! I’ve got hundreds, maybe thousands of seeds from some exotically strange accidental crosses I’ve made! I won’t germinate them though.

Yes and any new growers errors won't effect these super fantastic autos that I see everybody growing...?

I know if I had tried autos to begin with I'd be down a fuck load of money by now

Haha, you’re right, it’s because new growers touch everything too much! We all did it. I still do.

I’m not promoting some type of super fantastic auto, I’m simply saying that they can be relatively small, in most cases can be pretty damn uniform, shoot pre-flowers when they’re meant to which teaches the new grower what to look for and when to change their light to HPS etc. I think they’re great. But each to their own.

New grower’s errors are a good thing. You learn the hard way, which is the best way. You appreciate the plant so much more and the end result is that much more special.