Basic? Questions before the outlay.

I agree with GQ... I make anywhere up to 120k a year and cant manage to save any money either... I haven't smoked for well over 10 years but my wife smokes an oz a fortnight to deal with severe arthritis which where I live costs anywhere from 400 to 450. Team this with a ciggie habit and I literally set fire to almost a third of my paycheck every fortnight. Thats part of the reason why I am here, my other reason for growing is to pick the strain for an intended use. Some shit we buy just doesn't help her at all... I've targeted strains for pain and sleep....

Minimum of an elbow or no go? Maybe the OP is dreaming a bit... i had the same dreams. i soon realised that to grow as much as i need i will have to grow perpetually to keep up with my skill level and the space i have. I'm ok with that now.

So don't be so hard on the poor guy... its ok to be skeptical of someone's intent... but assumptions hurt people sometimes. so ease up before you hook into the new guy with a poorly worded intro.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 2

You grow what you need, and then a bit more to be sure. Like GQ mentioned if your processing for oils and edibles you're going to need a bit to see you through.

If you're growing it for the $$$, don't be too surprised if it doesn't go as planned at times. As there's no guarantees in this game we play, and as you'll find you can be up against various issues from time to time.

Hardly a dull moment that's for sure. :D

Hey Stickymickey,
I think you're right, living within your means is a big thing. But we often have people turn up with the idea that an elbow/grow is a starting point and although some have shot that view down with a missile rather than a BB gun which may be a bit harsh, it certainly gets the message across that getting that Lb isn't a simple case of light and a seed. Obtaining that weight takes time and skill.
I was perpetual for a while but eventually my mrs said to me "Do you know how much smoke you actually have?"  "Some :rolleyes: " was my reply, when in reality I had heaps, which in hindsight was lucky as I was put out of commission for a while, a long while and my stash has seen me through.

But as I said to OP start small and improve and improve....  and eventually you'll get your elbow and if you're lucky, you may even get 2Lb. But imo it's better to burst his dream bubble now than lead him down the line of 'an Lb from the start is the norm' cos let's face it, it's not the norm at all.

Merl1n

• Upvote 2

Maybe I was wrong, I read the OP as he/she was trying to supplement wage by growing ganja for profit, although it does not explicitly state that. Maybe I was a bit ruff though, sorry if I have offended. I don't even have a problem with people selling their gear, just don't talk about it here. Also, I agree there are plenty of reasons for growing lots of plants and having lots of buds on hand. And while yield is not a defining factor for me, I still like to get the most out of my system. At the end of the day though, good question from the OP. My advice is, prevent fires by not overloading circuits and using quality gear.