Basic? Questions before the outlay.

Ive just a few questions , five years in the same job and still no savings is pissing me off.

question 1 - why do peoples houses burn Down? How can I avoid this

Question 2 - if I run a 1000watt light in a 1 and a half meter square tent and attach a co2 bottle to it for the photosynthesis hours will I be utilising all of the light or is 600 watt Tons ? Ideally I'd want atleast 2 pounds , but I won't start for less then a pound each time .

Question 3 - can I just sprout a seed and then take clones off that plant , or will I need clones already accustomed to the hyrdo life?

I appreciate Any help I get .

Why do people's houses burn down?

Because they don't manage the heat. HID lights get HOT. Big lights in small places with inadequate ventilation ie "if I run a 1000watt light in a 1 and a half meter square tent"

OR

They place flammable objects too close to a heat source.

Big light DOES NOT mean big crop it's more a case of balance between light vs airflow vs growspace, and forget ya CO2 until you have everything else keyed in exactly. Decent airflow will give you enough CO2 to grow a decent crop. CO2 setup is more cost and heaps of pissin around to key in precisely. Get the basics setup first. In a space of 1 and a half meter square tent you are HIGHLY unlikely to get 2Lb, Christ, in a space that size you'll be lucky to get 1 Lb.

If you are a newbie get some experience before you start with statements like "...I'd want atleast 2 pounds , but I won't start for less then a pound each time...". I've lost count of the number of people who turn up with an attitude of "I'm gonna be a czar..." get some experience under your belt then make improvements as you see fit, this will lead to increased yields.

All plants initially start from seed, even clones initially start from a seed. Cuttings are then taken from that plant.

Merl1n

• Upvote 3

Good reply mer1in. Another thing to add is dangers of water next to electrics. I take great care to keep all electrics away from my res (not hydro just 40 litres of mixed nutes connected to my hydro halos to water my coco). My ballast is in another room, fans are well away from the water.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Do it for love not money. This site is for personal growers to learn and share, not for advising people how to grow huge yields to supplement their wage. You will likely find that if you are growing great pot, profits are minimal. Which is why commercial gear in this country is full of harsh chemicals that increase yield but decrease everything good about it.
  • Upvote 2

1000w vs 600w there is a big difference in heat I would rather run 2 or 3 315w cmh I'm that space if your aim is an abundance of light the 1000w mh hps will put a smile on your dial big fat hard buds but a 600 will still do u proud I'm not sure about cmh harvest I have never used one but I mention those lights as it should be easier to maintain the heat rather than one big 1000w heater

Houses catch fire because an Aray of reasons the heat emitted is the problem also lights falling from roofs, electrical gear burning out timers,control boxes, wires overloading shit u need to think of all this and plan it out well

I have come so close to burning a house down due to faulty grow gear

If your worried go led

Ive just a few questions , five years in the same job and still no savings is pissing me off.

question 1 - why do peoples houses burn Down? How can I avoid this

Question 2 - if I run a 1000watt light in a 1 and a half meter square tent and attach a co2 bottle to it for the photosynthesis hours will I be utilising all of the light or is 600 watt Tons ? Ideally I'd want atleast 2 pounds , but I won't start for less then a pound each time .

Question 3 - can I just sprout a seed and then take clones off that plant , or will I need clones already accustomed to the hyrdo life?

I appreciate Any help I get .

You can easily get a gram per watt in that area with a 600w globe. But that's after it's all dialled in...and you my friend are asking questions that show it's going to take you a while to get right ,,so probably won't get your pound straight up .and seeing your such a fussy bastard that won't start for less than a pound ,,my advice is not to even think of trying.

2pound is a reasonable amount for a personal grow especially if your looking into rso or some other extract to treat your ailments, he also mentions about growing in a tent not setting up a whole friggen house, and as far as not wanting to burn the house down thats also a reasonable concern, the op is clearly inexperienced and looking for direction and this is supposed to be the place for that, geez guys give op a break ,,,GQ

• Upvote 2