How to ask psychiatrist for cannabis prescription

Chrystal

Question

I have been seeing a psychiatrist for 11 years this february i'm abit of a head case main problem is schitzophrania,major depression i have been on highest doses of antipsychotic and anti depressants for around 10 of those years

Now about 1 year ago my treating dr reduced my medication 1/4th the dose and around 5 6 months later i went off the rails like a absolute lunatic so me dr bumped up the medication again

Now looking at research on the medications in long term use they should be stopped after 10 years this is probably why the dr was reducing my medication, the medication has left me feeling motionless, unmotivated, find it hard to show effection and love new people to my life

The anti depressants are pretty much a root around they have done nothing for me

I have a appointment coming up and i think i am going to ask the dr if i can go onto the legal weed he will likely say no but what are some questions i should ask or tell him

Is there anything in particular i should mention?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I asked my general GP for medical cannabis. I suffer Chronic Pain of the kidney, bladder and urethra. From a operation that went wrong and it took the doctors and nurses 6 days of me screaming in pain to do something. I have PTSD from the hospital not helping me, so I can’t go back it’s to difficult. Haha and I’m suppose to get another OP. No thanks. So anyway my GP said no she thinks it’s wrong and I or anyone shouldn’t be using the herb. So I’ve decided to self medicate. My pain is mostly under control now. Except it’s wicked expensive and I’ve never grown before. I have a sever brown thumb. But I still want to give it a go.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

• Upvote 2

I asked my general GP for medical cannabis. I suffer Chronic Pain of the kidney, bladder and urethra. From a operation that went wrong and it took the doctors and nurses 6 days of me screaming in pain to do something. I have PTSD from the hospital not helping me, so I can’t go back it’s to difficult. Haha and I’m suppose to get another OP. No thanks. So anyway my GP said no she thinks it’s wrong and I or anyone shouldn’t be using the herb. So I’ve decided to self medicate. My pain is mostly under control now. Except it’s wicked expensive and I’ve never grown before. I have a sever brown thumb. But I still want to give it a go.

Do give it a go Bexx :good:   Did your doc explain why she thinks it is wrong?  My gp is sympathetic if not supportive of my self med.  As was the [previous one.  She know atm it is nigh impossible...I think I have a crush on her lol

Faith :sun:

If you try growing yourself, you will find plenty of help on here if you seek it. Good luck! [emoji4]
  • Upvote 1

Do give it a go Bexx :good: Did your doc explain why she thinks it is wrong? My gp is sympathetic if not supportive of my self med. As was the [previous one. She know atm it is nigh impossible...I think I have a crush on her lol

Faith :sun:

She didn’t ask questions just told me. The worst part is that she knows everything I’ve been through. So I feel like changing doctors. It will be sad to say good bye but I don’t think I have any other choice. I’ll give her one more go , I feel I need to tell her how I feel and explain my thoughts.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Hey Bexx,

OK, one of the easiest ways to start your own topic is to scroll to the top of the page and in the first green bar on the right hand side is 'View new content', click it.

At the end of each subject headline is a greyed topic area. For example "Tunkers Tinkering - 2017 Time to get perpetual" is the subject headline. "in Cannabis Grow Diaries" is the location. If you click on "in Cannabis Grow Diaries" it will take you to that area.

Between the first and second green bars on that page, on the right is a button "Start New Topic" if you click it, it will give you "Posting new topic" page with a 'Topic Title' box. Then scroll down to the dialogue below to type your post

This may seem a convoluted way to go about it and at first can be a bit confusing, but once you get used to it, it's a piece of cake.

Well, that's how I do it lol

Hope it helps

Merl1n

• Upvote 1