Interesting topic , when does the count start

I’ve been noticing that my plants seem more advanced than I thought at this time

So I started to research the Breeders notes and they all start the count at the onset of 12/12

I always taken it from when I actually noticed bud forming

So my count is week 5, the actual count, according to them is 6 1/2 weeks , 35 days or 45 days

Looking through the loupe I would say more the 45 day is the more accurate

The fast strains are really fattening up and a combination of 20% clear

70 % milky and a few ambers

Others are 30% to 40% clear the rest opaque with the odd amber

Even AG has a suggested time of 56 days but I think it might need a few more weeks

So yes in general I think the newer strains are maturing quicker than yrs gone by

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Totally agree!! But yea i went from time i switch to 12/12 cycle just coz that what the breeder states.. although they still said 7-9 weeks so it was too much early.. i do have one northern light at moment looks like i need to give it another week on the suggested flowering time. They really are just guide for each strain.. everyone really just need to learn how to tell by look of the bud pistils and amber colour.. but so much determines when is the best time to harvest... NOT not one factor.

What did you have growing atm??

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I'm curios which breeder counts the preflower period. ?

I asked Sweet Seeds and they count from onset of buds . And havnt confirmed with any other breeders but

Comparing their strains to other strains I am convinced not to count the preflower period .

If I did I'd be looking at clear Triches and lower yields.

Although I have seen at least one breeder state their count from the flip.

Another reason why I don't think preflower should be counted is because Ive seen it vary so much from 8 days up to almost three weeks .

So to me it's confusing if not counted from actual onset of buds.

by the way .i suppose most don't bother counting for outdoor plants, just expecting to be ready early to mid April.

So that's kind of roughly 8 to 9 weeks of actual flowering ???

Hmm,,,, preflower period not counted ??

Yeh I think it's a confusing issue, ,,,

• Upvote 1

I'm curios which breeder counts the preflower period. ?

I asked Sweet Seeds and they count from onset of buds . And havnt confirmed with any other breeders but

Comparing their strains to other strains I am convinced not to count the preflower period .

If I did I'd be looking at clear Triches and lower yields.

Although I have seen at least one breeder state their count from the flip.

Another reason why I don't think preflower should be counted is because Ive seen it vary so much from 8 days up to almost three weeks .

So to me it's confusing if not counted from actual onset of buds.

by the way .i suppose most don't bother counting for outdoor plants, just expecting to be ready early to mid April.

So that's kind of roughly 8 to 9 weeks of actual flowering ???

Hmm,,,, preflower period not counted ??

Yeh I think it's a confusing issue, ,,,

It is all confusing and merky waters.. but i do think your onto something there!

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app