yantra again: Can anyone confirm their Durban Poison fem seeds are the

I like sativas and Yantra (yes, I know about the bust and their history so I understand the risks) have a couple I'd like to try growing. Can anyone confirm that their durban poison seeds are really durban poison - they're branded yantra so presumably not from a "real" seed bank. Also tempted by the Maui Waui and the African Buzz if anyone can confirm that they're decent genetics?

I've had an exciting and productive time with some bagseed over the past 7 months - here's a happy snap from the time lapse web cam in the flowering tent showing a 5L hempy bucket scrog @ F59 and half a dozen 1.5L mini-hempy clones @ F49. Flower mass has been substantially diminished despite aspirin and predatory mites.

post-53279-0-09828000-1514936617_thumb.jpg

Ignore the yellow looking leaf artifacts from the daylight bulbs - they're all healthy, and I will get some decent bud, but the broad mites are winning in my veg tent. Mothers are looking sad and cuttings keep dying - so it's probably time to burn everything and start over once the current grow is done.

Edited by doctor_nelson

On their site the Durban Poison is branded Dutch Passion ,with photo of Dutch Passion seed packet under the pic of the bud.

Africa buzz is labled Seedsman .

And I couldn't find Maui Waui on their list.

Ah - I was wrong - thanks. I think I'll go for it - FYI https://yantraseeds.com/product/hawaii-maui-waui-fem is a Nirvana seed - the site is a bit of a pain to use...

Edited by doctor_nelson

My mistake - but I bet you saw some interesting looking genetics :)

The only other 2 national seedbanks I know of have either zero or two sativas and they're both  landraces - I'm growing two little Swazi Gold clones - in front of the scrog on the far left with slightly darker, thinner leaves and slightly whiter pistils. They were hit really hard by broad mites - I'd have thought they'd be more hardy than my bagseed. I'm not sure I want landraces for my next grow and the mothers are looking like they might be dying from BM damage - they're in quarantine right now.

Edited by doctor_nelson
  • Upvote 1

Hi matti.

Doc nelson.if you really want landrace sativa ,,look at Ace and a few others at Seedsmsman Seeds.

Yantra have gotten much bigger but still nowhere near the variety .

Have you thought about these predators.?

Description

The generalist predatory mite A. swirskii is widely used against other pests such as thrips and whiteflies and is also very effective in controlling broad mites. Amblyseius swirski means a much more stable biological system for plant and crop protection. It not only effectively tackles thrips and whitefly, but also attacks spider mites. Moreover, the predator is extremely mobile and has good searching behavior. Because swirskii attacks a number of pest insects, it can maintain its population even when there are no more thrips on the plants. Swirskii remains present and can act as soon as thrips reappear. Amblyseius is a beneficial predatory mite endemic to the Eastern Mediterranean region. This species is considered a generalist predator, and readily consumes small soft-bodied pest species as well as pollen or plant exudates. Amblyseius swirskii has attracted substantial interest as a biological control agent of mites, broad mites, thrips and whiteflies in greenhouse.

Amblyseius swirskii is commonly used to control whitefly and thrips in greenhouse vegetables (especially cucumber, pepper and eggplant) and some ornamental crops.Since Amblyseius swirskii is not susceptible to diapause it can be used throughout much of the season. This species is considered a generalist predator, and readily consumes small soft-bodied pest species as well as pollen or plant exudates. Amblyseius swirskii has attracted substantial interest as a biological control agent of mites, thrips and whiteflies in greenhouse and nursery crops. The mites are released directly in the crops in bran or vermiculite carriers sprinkled on the leaves or substrates.

Amblyseius swirskii is documented to feed and reproduce on a wide range of prey from several orders, including thrips (western flower, onion, melon, and chilli), whiteflies (greenhouse and silverleaf) and plant feeding spider mites.

Amblyseius swirskii is supplied in shaker cans, mixed with bran. There are cans available with different contents and numbers of predatory mites. The shakers are primarily intended for light curative introductions (if whitefly or thrips are present). In crops with sufficient pollen, such as sweet pepper and aubergine, the predatory mites in shakers can be released preventatively once the crop is flowering.

The advantages of the slow-release bags are summarized below: **For the 25,000 count, 100 sachets per box of 250 A. Swirskii per sachets for slow released.

The 50,000 A. Swirskii per bottle is for fast released only.

Predatory mites can also be released preventatively in crops without pollen

Fast growth of the population of predatory mites- A large number of predatory mites are released into the crop over a period of 4-6 weeks

Buffering effect: the steady release of predatory mites cushions the negative effects of any chemical residues present. The mites can therefore be released sooner than when using shaker cans.

If flowering in crops like sweet pepper temporarily ceases, resulting in less pollen available as food, the bags will still continue to produce enough predatory mites under these less favorable conditions.

Easy to set out and ensures an appropriate and even distribution of the predatory mites throughout the crop. These bags produce large numbers of predatory mites over a period of 4-6 weeks and can be simply hung up in the crop using hooks.

Product Reviews

Have you thought about these predators.?

Is anyone selling them in Australia? I have some Neoseiulus Californicus from bugs for bugs and they're still there - I was just watching one zipping around on a leaf with lots of BM. Sigh. They're established but they wisely don't completely destroy their prey - they control them but the little fuckers are still damaging my growing tips. I'd think about other predators but I think I've passed the point of no (or at least poor) returns while living with BM even with IPM - even when apparently "healed" in veg, affected plants are all far less productive in flower than the first time I grew these bagseed.

Time to burn the lot and start again with seed.

Edited by doctor_nelson

hey Doc

anyone tried any of these https://therealseedcompany.com/products.php?product_id=14

if you've had a good IPM , the other area i concentrate on is plant health 

not sure how you grow but foliar sprays of Aloe , Silica & fulvic & teas made of 

only kelp steeped for 24hrs will help with plant health 

they are discovering terpenes in cannabis root systems , which would seem to indicate 

some sort of bio protection mode , so the healthier the plant the more it might be able to protect itself 

aloe & kelp are huge for plant health 

if you've had a good IPM , the other area i concentrate on is plant health 

If there's one thing I've learned it's that Broad mites are not good for plant health. I hope you never get them because I don't think even Kelp would help much. As far as I can tell, all affected plants will have permanent damage to the vascular system from the nymphs' saliva. Even if the damage is being limited by the predatory mites I've got.  I now know I should probably have burned the lot as soon as I made the diagnosis - but I thought I'd see how it went. Not well although as the photo on the post at the top shows, not a complete disaster.