Cloning from feminised seeds

The point was the “tendency” or better expressed as “inducability” of staminate sexual expression is not sex gene coded. It's in the non sex chromosomal DNA.

Yes that is correct.

Breeders whose efforts go back 40+ years have many thousands of plant years under their belts collectively and have not succeeded in breeding this inducability out.

Yes they have. I know this from personal experience being one of them. They are separate genes to the XY sex genes and yes you can breed them out of a genepool.

The fact that cannabis, amongst all the cultivated plants humans have been involved with still retains its wildness and capability of escaping cultivation shows that its DNA is experienced at avoiding the usual fucking around techniques humans have tried to impose on it.

The plant has had its middle finger up at breeders for millenia. It still says fuck you to those who deny that it will retain its wildness.

That may sound impressive or cool on paper with all its wild in its DNA and can never be tamed by man esoteric rubbish but it doesn't make it true. Plenty of cultivated plants still have wild cultivars or escaped back to the wild cultivars not just cannabis. The fact still remains you can breed cannabis plants that WILL NOT hermi without using chemicals to block the ethylene pathway in female plants.

:peace: MongyMan

• Upvote 4

A while back was given a bunch of seeds , first season quite a few hermed, it took about 4/5 seasons to rid them from gene pool , as soon as identifying them they were gone , any seeds on others from them , discarded

The males were isolated n pollen collected noting where each male had been placed on each female

Once I was satisfied the herms were bred out n only boys or girls were left in the pool , I started to remove all males n not growing them out relying on the plants natural instinct for survival, I never really saw any male flower but I guess they were there as I would get about 3/4 seeds of a few n not really knowing the ins n outs of why I knew these plants were 99% female

Then came the introduction of pollen from different sources who I knew had only male or female

Once again the odd male was removed grown out n used for a couple yrs , feeling confident all the relevant crosses had been made I went through the process again leaving the females to self germinate , once again collecting the odd seed for next season confident they would be female again

Over the seasons following my seed bank went down as seeds were hard to come by n I seemed to be getting less each year

My source for males was no longer available so in the end I was collecting about 20 seeds of 20 plants some had 3 while others had none, the number of plants with none grew over time , last yrs washout essentially put a finish to 25 yrs of work, no seeds collected n only 2 remaining

I put them in over winter hoping a flower n reveg may throw a few more seeds , relying on its self driven need to survive n produce offspring

What I didn't count on was the 2 plants having a bit of a chat n 1 decided that it would take it upon itself to become a boy

Do u think this was coincidence, the other 19 were all female n have been for yrs , then 2 plants side by side n 1 goes male

I had 3 different phenos in the end

Didn't matter which plant mother they came from they all seemed to be able to throw seeds of each other

Unfortunately I put the female in with some clones that came off a hermie mother plant so any seed on it was useless6a80af1bd9ec8ca878fda037c3fdf016.jpg2ce751976c3490c2ffe58914f65043d0.jpg

The male pollen was kept n I gonna use it on a few strains I got now after I grown them out n find what I think will match up with them nicely

Sorry if I made too many grammar errors, but just smoking some home grown bud

Don't think for 1 moment that the seeds I got came from hermies, n that's why they were female, which I've seen thrown around on a few occasions, they were not

They were true females , heeding the call of nature n the need to produce offspring thus producing female seeds guaranteeing its characteristics live on, I think it does this because it's not gonna take the chance that if only 1 of its offspring is male that survives to maturity it's genetic material is lost

Instead producing only female seeds knowing that in times of crisis they can self pollinate or equally as easily tell the smallest 1 your going male n fertilise us, fortunately if u look after them the need to throw a male is greatly diminished to the point that if u do find 1 it's very rare

This hasn't come from a book nor did I cut n paste , it's the result of a dumb arse ( as some have put it) observations over a long period of time, quite possibly longer than some have been on this earth

This isn't counting the 15 yrs of bush growing bag seeds n not being to be able to be there at the necessary times to prevent hermies so the seeds were always a mixed batch , m/f n in between just growing plenty so it didn't matter as long as u got there in time to stop the lot going to seed ,u got through to next yr

As I got older u start to learn to refine your process n hopefully the knowledge u have accumulated over time gives the experience n confidence to truly start producing something that has your stamp on it

Sorry for the ramble , it's not the best whether n had time to write a small essay

If there's any one that can tell me I'm wrong , n I'm sure there is, feel free

But me I'm gonna keep doing what I do n hopefully I'll generate some nice hybrids in time

I guarantee u though that if someone looked at a plant they know straight away if it was mine or not just simply by the way they look, that's part of the personal stamp I put on my grows

Shit didn't realise I was still rambling

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 2