Light burn from cfl?

Well I have a couple of litres of rain water

I dumped the rest cos I was worried bout bugs guess I'll be collecting milk bottles to store more next rain. Realistically I'm too lazy to distill a heap of water and its prob not worth it. Given the time and power to distill the water Itd probably be cheaper and easier to buy it

• Upvote 1

Yeah good idea I've got some rectangle storage containers that should do the trick. How will the chlorine evaporate if the lid is on though?

the lid is when u have evaporated for a while , helps keep mozzie out , I put fish tank filter to keep it moving when lid is on it also adds oxygen if you let drop a bit b4 it enters water

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Oh righto that makes sense....fuckin mozzies! They love me but Ive spent enough time in the mangroves to develop a real hate for the bastards....I came across something cool when looking into this chloramine crap.

https://www.fs.fed.us/t-d/pubs/html/05231301/05231301.html

Its a bit of a read but it basically says if you can't let your water sit to passively dechlorinate over time(especially because chloramine takes a lot longer) you can add vitamin c to the water and it'll take care of it quicksmart. They recommend 2.5 times ascorbic acid(vitamin C) to neutralise one part chloramine or chlorine. Bonus is it lowers your pH a bit, save on pH down lol I might go this route when I need water in a hurry

Overwatering. They are drowning.

#1 mistake across the board for new growers.

Allow them to almost dry out before subsequent watering

Tap water is fine. Once you adjust the ph to between 5.5 and 6.5 the chlorine won't hurt them. Is the tap water suitable for drinking ie not considered dangerous for human consumption? If it's people approved it's fine.

Get a good Ph and EC tester. If you can't afford them, don't start growing soilless.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Edited by Itwasntmemr

Its not over watered, pretty sure it was the tap water. But yes the pH was a little too high. I don't think that would burn the tips of seedlings though do you? Water was just over 7 so nothing extreme. They may say its fine for human consumption but its not, its poison. Chlorine and chloramine are known to be toxic to marine life and in hydroponics they are known to stunt growth and can kill your plants plus who knows what other shit is floating around in there.

Plenty of people have success in soilless without an ec pen I'm not going dwc or anything that finicky I'll be fine with the pH pen some research when needed and advice from the good ppl at ozstoners.

Edited by Buds-lightyear

I have only ever used town water in various hydro systems and have never had an issue. Usually pH out of the tap is about pH 7-7.5 ec <0.4 .

My first ever hydro grow, I did it succsefuly without an ec meter. But after that i bought a knock off bluelab truncheon for $30 and would not want to go without now, it takes all the guess work out of feeding the plants. I have been using that knock off truncheon for several years now, I treat it like garbage and it just keeps on going. Only in the in the last week it has started to show signs of batteries running low..

I think I am currently fighting pythium and it has really stabilised my pH which is a bit of a bonus i guess....