Hemp derived CBD vs recreational derived CBD

Gokugonemad2

Question

I’m currently using some industrial hemp-derived oral CBD oil, with mixed results. The stuff is nice enough, works well when used on its own, but it seems to fight with any THC that is subsequently taken. It leaves u with a f**ked up Frankenstein kind of stone which is not satisfying at all. It also has a (less prominent) negative interaction with benzos and opiates. I have no doubts that this is a result of CBD blocking the pleasure/reward/dopamine receptors, which I have read about.

So as I kind of expected, you can’t trick ur body into thinking u’ve been taking a strain with a balanced ratio of thc:cbd. The 1:1 stuff I was previously taking was completely seamless, the thc and cbd got along just fine. All part of the entourage effect or what not I guess.

My gut instinct tells me that a strain like cannatonic or AC/DC (1:20 thc:cbd or thereabouts) will beat the hemp-derived cbd hands down, in all areas concerned. I envision more terpenes present and I reckon the small increase in thc content would improve everything, and round off the sometimes hard edge of straight cbd (for me it’s often a little racey/stimulating),

Anybody have any experience with this? Have u compared both types? Happy to be told I’m wrong, even happier to confirm that I’m right but any light shed on this situation would be absolute gold. Once again I don’t see much genuine conversation about this stuff online. Cheers guys

Horticulturally speaking plant names are made up of 2 parts, A genus or family name (Cannabis)and a specific or a species name (Sativa, indica or ruderalis). This is why canna species can be crossed. They come from the same plant family.

As for 'aerial pingpong' aka AFL, they're all inbreds anyway lol The game started in Victoria, inbreeding was common in Victorian times, is to be expected lol lol lol

• Upvote 2

It’s crazy that nobody here has tried ACDC or a similar strain, anything with roughly a 1:20 thc:cbd ratio. Anything at all that is massively high in cbd and low in thc, anything recreationally derived that packs the cbd punch without much/if any thc sedation. Im pretty confident that if someone round here had tried it, they would have offered some input if only as a smoke report. Crazy, man. It seems I really am chasing something that is virtually non existent in AUS, no wonder I’m hitting brick walls. Wanna leave the door open right here, if anyone has a smoke report, feel free to drop it right here, it could help a few people browsing the subject :)

Hey Goku,

I wouldn't say 'non existent in AUS' but obtaining genuine strains in Australia can be extremely difficult. 'Johno, from down the street' might tell you it's genuine but in all honestly he could and ya a piece of dog poo and tell you it comes from a unicorn. Short of the fact (well, it's my understanding lol ) that unicorns don't exist, you really have no idea if what Johno says is true or not.

Now as I said previously, I've not long returned from Europe and had this conversation occurred prior I could have investigated my options regarding AC/DC and other CBD specific strains. I agree that there is still no guarantees on strains even in Europe, but I believe I'd have more of a chance over there to obtain a specific strain than I'd ever have here under the present laws of the land.

To be honest unless someone has a specific strain from a reputable supply, grown it and smoked it, themselves, the idea of getting a 'true' smoke report is unlikely to say the least IMO.

I'd also like to add when I say 'true' smoke report, the medicinal benefits each individual medical user obtains is VERY individual depending on the ailment, injury or illness they are treating. My own situation is a prime example, I have had numerous brain surgeries (x6 so far). No 2 brain injuries are the same and as I have found out (the hard way), No 2 treatments are the same either. Some treatments which other people have found to be "miracle cures" have either been useless for me or had such bad side effects I wouldn't recommend them for my worst enemy. So the idea that big pharma or the medical fraternity prescribing their concoctions have ALL the answers is a joke on our society. Again, IMO, the idea that an individual's smoke report is going to give any surety of effect or affect is impossible. I know of others in my predicament who swear by canna, but by the same accord, know of others who curse it. For me my smoke is an important part of my symptom management, NOT the key, unfortunately, but certainly an important part.

I'd also like to say here that all through this post I've used a few pronouns, I, me, my and IMO (In My Opinion) because these have been my experiences.

Others here may well disagree and I'd, personally, like to hear their views as this is an area of great personal interest to me.

Merl1n

• Upvote 2

Good advice thanks man. Yeah wish I had of started the thread earlier and hope ur brain is doing well, in the literal sense. I do tend to forget that the black market is basically all about quality, without much of a care for quality control. I would imagine that somebody who grows weed for profit, is mainly interested in yield and potency, with maybe a consideration for ease of growing and flowering time. Do these big fat buds get u smashed? If yes then continue.

I gotta say though, I know without a doubt when I’ve had cbd. I know when ive had high thc recreational weed that is as devoid of cbd as u can get. I know when I’ve had recreational stuff with slightly elevated levels of cbd. I know when I’ve had 1:1, and I most definitely know what it feels like to drop straight cbd extract under the tongue. The last three of those scenarios had been either lab, or home tested. So myself, I know what’s what. There won’t be anybody fooling me into thinking their high thc buds are full of cbd. It really is that noticable, at least for someone who is introspective and knows their own mind pretty well.

I have actually had some 1:20 thc:cbd RSO before. I believe it was home tested. If it wasn’t 1:20 exactly then it was close enough that it doesn’t matter. I vaped it for about a week or so, ingesting here and there to experiment. Unfortunately I wasn’t in a great frame of mind at that point in time, I didn’t have anything with respectable levels of thc available at all and so I was probably withdrawing too. So I was left unimpressed by the stuff, and now almost a year has passed, all I remember is that the stuff was essentially the same as the straight cbd oil I’ve got at the moment. But the RSO did taste a bit nicer, which isnt surprising given the straight cbd oil is from industrial hemp. But the plant and that batch of RSO is long gone, so I can’t compare the 2 side by side. Really unfortunate

Edited by Gokugonemad2
  • Upvote 1

Hey Goku,

I do a bit of my own 'post production' ie make my own tincture, block hash and hash oil. I find if I keep smoking the same smoko it loses it's effect, so I do a bit of 'mix'n'match' depending on need. Here's a couple of pics of the processes I use.

Tincture::: https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/45016-op-rum-tincture/?&p=332409&hl=tincture&do=findComment&comment=332409

Hashing::: https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/uploads/monthly_12_2012/post-24238-0-88384600-1356921565.jpg

Oil::: https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/56673-introducing-aho-aussie-hash-oil-the-sunny-method/?do=findComment&comment=371138

The tincture and the hashing are my images, where the oil images are from another member called iTiC, I basically followed his processes. But instead of using a double boiler I used a rice cooker to reduce the iso out of the oil. These can give you other ideas on how to derive your own medication/s.

Hope it helps

Merl1n

Hey .............,

So your unicorn is a he/she? Having 2'n'1 makes so much easier for it to go fuck itself lol and it can make a cake too? Lucky you. I had to get a wife for all of that. A unicorn would be much cheaper PMSL lol Maintenance of a wife can be SO expensive lol

OK, Enough of that. She might walk in and see what I'm writing and slap me lol I wouldn't deserve that either

Edited by merl1n