Hey Sky High

Long story but was advised by cops to take responsibility for missus plants as well bringing total to 15 small to medium plants...but as I tried to explain 8 were being sexed and 80% would more than likely be males but it just came down to slut magistrate refusing to beleivbe what prosecution said (ie I was a nobody smalltimer) and the magistrate trying me as a 20 year career criminal when I have done nothing...ever...

I really need to clarify the travel to the USa thing as I would like to go there for business for a week (no not drugs :))or so but have been told by people that any record precludes you from travel to there

Any clarification on that would be great

that is pretty harsh for 15 plants . in wa the majic number seems to be 25 , less than that is a "simple" offence and my experience with the local majistrates has been its minumum fines for 99% of all the cases . The courts and police here dont really seem interested at all in small cannabis cases .

the usa thing . for travel to the us for tourist purposes under 3 months you do not need a visa . during the process of getting aproval for the visa is when authorities will look into your criminal history . without a visa there is no way for customs in the usa to know your criminal history at the airport when you arive . possibly if you looked like a shady arab terrorist dude they could detain you at the airport and look into it , but essentialy a white australian tourist probably isnt a red flag for that sort of thing .

technically for work purposes you will need a business visa and that could be complicated but depending on what it is you may not really need it and could just arive as a tourist . a minor conviction may not necessarily stop you from getting a visa either , thats up to whatever people who are looking into it and whatever policy they are following towards the offence .

but basically australia/nz no visa for general tourist travel to USA

EU/UK get a working holiday visa easily with a minor drug conviction , I know heaps of IT workers who have done it . they dont seem to care at all .

Ah kewl..beleive me thats what my lawyer and EVERY other lawyer have said about my case..it should have been a simple slap on the wrist and a fine...but this judge just went after me hard core and raped my financial history and everything else but couldnt find ANYTHING so screwed me anyway because its a judges perogative to do so..even if it goes against the prosections wishes and the polices. For the first 7 session of court the presecutor said about 20 words in my case..the judge just kept asking for more and more shit when I kept providing eveidence to the contrary...she is a very nasty piece of work