led cob light pull apart

OK so I have two units of the alleged 200w lushpro LEDs which are really 92w lights, now the first unit a gave to a mate a year ago to hang on to and the *#%@ gives it back with two burnt out cobs, literally fucking fried.

I'm looking at the LED drivers looks fine to me input 00-240V AC50/60V output 70-85V DC constant current 520mA.. .

N3ro what watts are the drivers?

Look at the fucking LED power supply 12w-121A, max output 12W, now I am assuming this is not for the light but the fans, I'm wanting to replace the chips as it would be a waste of a unit and wanting to know if its possible to even put 200W chips on it?

Cheers, Porcha

I do not disclaim anything about this message. I'm quite proud of it, really!

yep agree on venting a hps room, but the room beside it with the fireplace (and smoke),will be soaring!(glowing hot) choppers counting ur whirly-birds.... yeah, nah! and sounds like u wasted some coin too,

Ohh wouldnt say that, theres a few things the chopper looks for, diverted electricity, unusual venting, and a house covered in whirrly birds.

N3ro how are u going to pull 200watts from a 70-85volt 520Ma driver? Your cobs are roughly 50watts per cob

70 x .52 = 36.4watts (minimum)

85 x .52 = 44.2watts (maximum)

this is per cob

to pull 100watts per cob u would need to upgrade the driver but it is hard to tell weather your cobs are wired in parallel or series, based on my calculations i would have a stab and say they are wired in parallel meaning to run 1x 100watt cob from your light u would need to double your output cords from the driver to the cob ++ and - - instead of + -, + -

OK so I have two units of the alleged 200w lushpro LEDs which are really 92w lights, now the first unit a gave to a mate a year ago to hang on to and the *#%@ gives it back with two burnt out cobs, literally fucking fried.

I'm looking at the LED drivers looks fine to me input 00-240V AC50/60V output 70-85V DC constant current 520mA.. .

Look at the fucking LED power supply 12w-121A, max output 12W, now I am assuming this is not for the light but the fans, I'm wanting to replace the chips as it would be a waste of a unit and wanting to know if its possible to even put 200W chips on it?

12volts x .5 = 6watts

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Micmac re-read this whole thread before u pull .5 out of the 12volt section he said "led driver" and "led power supply" meaning for the fans i would like to see where u came up with this 6watt aquasion? lol making an ass of your maths right there but u keep trying to belittle me go right a head as i bet u have no hands or or actual testing of led lights which brings me to say your maths sucks lol

i will edit this: he is running two cobs at 46watts each from a 70-85volt output power driver at 520Mah, He's fan power supply is 12volt 1 amp equals 12watts output power

Edited by Gazza2001au

N3ro u run these cob's they are CREE CXB3590 u run 3500K colour temp since your driver is 70-85v u would run two of these cob's in series off the one driver

http://au.rs-online.com/web/p/cob-leds/8847383/

take note there are 36volt and 72volt cobs on the market u should run 2 of the 36volt cobs in series or 1 of the 72volt by its self

these cobs are rated to a maximium power of 1.8amps but for our use u run that at no more than 1.4amps or 1400ma infact i am running mine now at 1.05amps (1050ma) and they are getting plenty hot using the passive heat sinks