First Time Grower - Outdoors, Vic

The bigger one in the normal pot looks fine the 2 in rocket pots look a lighter green but don't know if that's just the photo, but they all look healthy for size.

Good luck with them BB

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Thanks for your response Mr Brown! And what happens if they are a little lighter green? What does that mean for them?

Thanks

BB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay so I decided to main line one of the plants, and then topped the second to encourage more outward growth. So far looks quite good!

I did find a bloody caterpillar baby on one of them though! Managed to kill it before it did any real damage, but I’m quite worried for the rest of them now!

Here are some photos of the main lining plant

f77a3d1ff2c2bbeb7ad1eb5075f2e2c3.jpg

And this is the other I topped

b42f412e823fab13efdbf7e1b6462477.jpg

Cheers

BB

Be careful bb I like what your plans are but a little bit of patience will go a long way, what u are doing may stunt the plant growth severely, this is a form of art if u like , when doing this care needs to be taken , from my experience its better to wait for at least 4 nodes then u can remove the tip and shade leaves allowing all the energy to the new tips but the plant still has enough leaves to collect the energy for this to take place without to much interference with overall growth.

It's great u think like this and u will fill your area fairly quickly and u will soon learn where n when to cut

There's plenty of ppl here with good advice might be an idea to ask first sometimes might save u a bit of hassle

You only have to tip twice in total to get 40 plus bud sites on 1 plant more if u have time n room

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

• Upvote 1

Be careful bb I like what your plans are but a little bit of patience will go a long way, what u are doing may stunt the plant growth severely, this is a form of art if u like , when doing this care needs to be taken , from my experience its better to wait for at least 4 nodes then u can remove the tip and shade leaves allowing all the energy to the new tips but the plant still has enough leaves to collect the energy for this to take place without to much interference with overall growth.

It's great u think like this and u will fill your area fairly quickly and u will soon learn where n when to cut

There's plenty of ppl here with good advice might be an idea to ask first sometimes might save u a bit of hassle

You only have to tip twice in total to get 40 plus bud sites on 1 plant more if u have time n room

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Hi Micmac

Thank you for your advice! I very much hope I haven’t stunted the growth of these plants!! From all the reading I’ve done they always said the ideal time was 3 nodes, but I think you’re right in saying a little more time would have helped before I made the cuts. I have documented this down for next years grow.

Is there any way I can now strengthen these plants, feeding them something in particular?

Cheers

BB