Long time smoker, first time grower

Hello everyone, got a couple of dramas with my seedlings. I'll try and post photos if I can figure it out.

Long story short, got a few bubble bomb photo fems from seeds a while back and have just germed em. I've only planted 2 of the 5 so far, so have a couple of spares up my sleeve if I've fucked these two.

Used the jiffy pellets in a small pot with perlite and vermiculite. They broke the surface about 5 days ago and have been long and stretched from the get go. One had the seed shell stuck to the cotyledons the whole time, I just took off manually today, and the other has started sprouting it's first set of serated leaves but seems to have stopped. Got the girls outside in a sheltered position. I'm in Sydney and it hasn't been the warmest the last couple of days but I'm at a loss as to why the seedlings have stopped growing. I've read the stretching is probably due to insufficient light? I would've thought the sun should give off plenty of light?

Any advise, opinions are welcome. Like I said I've got a couple more there if these go pear shaped.

Thanks in advance,

Mr doobz

*edit* just uploaded a couple of pics I just took. I brought em inside because its a bit chilly tonight.

post-62100-0-71949600-1507377906_thumb.jpg

post-62100-0-47121900-1507377934_thumb.jpg

Edited by John Doobz

I'm in Queensland, I raise my germinated seeds in potting mix and are in direct sunlight for the entire day.They've never had any adverse affects from it.

But yeah, if it's still cool at night, bring them in and get them back out in direct sunlight first thing in the morning (as long as there's no frost).

Thanks heaps Indy , good to know there's still hope.

When you germinate straight in pots, do you use whatever pot it's gonna end up in our do you start small and transplant?

Will post a few progress pics if all comes good.

You guys are so lucky in qld great growing conditions up there ay.

Edited by John Doobz

This is my method of raising seedlings.. https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/gallery/album/1708-hmm/

In a foam tomato box instead of individual small pots, the reasoning behind it is because they are in direct sunlight for the entire day, the water content within the medium remains more stable than what it would in smallish pots. The small pots in my region can dry out within a couple of hours and in turn have the seedling wilt and die. So yeah, I've found this method has improved my success rate considerably, and it only requires watering once or twice a week during the Spring to Autumn growing period. Usually when the top of the potting mix has dried right out, it indicates when it requires watering again. Utilising the K.I.S,S. method where ever possible (Keep It Simple, Stupid).