State of Origin - The Great Sal Grow Off!

Tunkers

Anyone else got their mull bowl yet? Gotta put something on my wood yet but I'm loving it so much. Muller sits perfectly on top too! Thanks again Indy. Your are truly an amazing human being and it will be a constant reminder of how awesome you are [emoji106][emoji106]post-60317-152928125971_thumb.jpegpost-60317-152928126778_thumb.jpeg

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/index.php?/topic/77531-Tunkers-Tinkering---2017-Time-to-get-perpetual

Edited by Tunkers

Yeah, just the outside, bill. Take your pick really..

if you want to bring the wood grain out go a a couple of coats of clear coat gloss (floor grade leaves a better/stronger finish).

if you want to add a bit of colour as in a stain, just go a light coat of your preferred colour at first because you can always add more if you want it darker still, I'd still recommend finishing off with a clear coat or two though.

Also, Cabot's (among others) have a stain and clear coat combo in a tin ready to go in either satin, semi gloss, or full gloss. You'd only need a small tin because it's usually suffice with one coat, if you choose to go two coats be prepared to lose some of the wood grain especially with the darker ones.

Or if you're into the natural finishes, you could rub in some bee's wax or linseed oil. If you took the linseed oil route. I'd suggest use it very sparingly because of the smell of it could taint your mixes, definitely don't rub any on the inside. I'd suggest probably give it 3 or 4 light coats over the span of a year, and when you're not using it, occasionally place it on a window sill where it can cure out of the weather and yet be exposed to some sunlight. Avoid hours of direct sunlight though.

Another thing, it'd probably pay to avoid mulling up in the bowls themselves where scissors get jammed into the bottom of the bowl for obvious reasons. But with that said, an old mate of mine has been doing just that with a bowl I made him 20 years ago and it's hardly been marked up at all. One of those personal choice things.

Edited by Indycar
  • Upvote 2