State of Origin - The Great Sal Grow Off!

Tunkers

Finally got there.. The winners will have to paint, varnish, stain or wax their own. Because I don't paint. My original one never got a coat of anything, and it fared well over the 20 odd years, so it'd be fine to leave it as is if you don't mind the workshop/weathered look..

post-10745-0-50568800-1525088949_thumb.jpg     post-10745-0-79936900-1525088972_thumb.jpg

Edited by Indycar
  • Upvote 6

Finally got there.. The winners will have to paint, varnish, stain or wax their own. Because I don't paint. My original one never got a coat of anything, and it fared well over the 20 odd years, so it'd be fine to leave it as is if you don't mind the workshop/weathered look..

attachicon.gifFUIWDWYTM01.jpg attachicon.gifFUIWDWYTM02.jpg

They look great mate, just carve Tunks in the side of a few of them would ya [emoji13][emoji13]
  • Upvote 2

Not too long fortunately, mate. Being soft timber and minimum detail speeds up the process. They are pretty chunky though, as it's old reclaimed timber and there's a few cracks, nail/screw holes through it, so I kinda had to keep them bulky hoping to keep them together. But otherwise, they serve the purpose. :D

attachicon.gifFUIWDWYTM01.jpg attachicon.gifFUIWDWYTM02.jpg

Very nice how much do they do for ?

Kloud 9 [emoji106]

Very nice how much do they do for ?

Put it this way.. It's not viable to make them for sale because people wouldn't pay the price that would make the venture profitable.

For instance..

$10-$15 in timber

3-4 hours running a 1/2hp motor on the lathe

3-4 hour labour

$5 - $10 for sandpaper, etc..

$10-$15 Postage & Handling

A rounded off figure I would put it at $150 a piece Which no one is going to part with. :D

So this is purely a love job. In fact, it's unfortunate that they're are made out of Oregon. Because 5 years ago I set aside a fallen branch I got from a Silky Oak. It would've been ideal to use about now, but the bloody termites beat me to it. :thumbdown:

• Upvote 2