Grafting - light schedule?

what in the ..... :)  that is a stunning piece of art (Jedi Stress Training!?)

There's no shortage of threads etc for grafting cannabis and I'll take a look at that 420 one next but I haven't seen a single one yet which mentions use of light or dark to help during that crucial first 12-24hrs

Edited by alienpuppy

I've never grafted Cannabis, though I have done avocado's and you want to do them in the warmer month while the sap is flowing. So with that bit of info, if I was to graft, I'd want the room above 25c and probably mid-way through the light cycle while it's on.

That said, I don't know why anyone would bother. It's a lot simpler just to clone.

what in the ..... :) that is a stunning piece of art (Jedi Stress Training!?)

There's no shortage of threads etc for grafting cannabis and I'll take a look at that 420 one next but I haven't seen a single one yet which mentions use of light or dark to help during that crucial first 12-24hrs

Think he got paid to do that one. What a fiddly looking thing. Good luck with the grafting mate

That said, I don't know why anyone would bother. It's a lot simpler just to clone.

I think the only advantage of grafting cannabis is it statistically (legally) reduces the number of plants you have, while providing additional variety. Some people use it to keep numerous strains on the one mother, but that also sounds trickier to keep the whole thing healthy when each strain has different nutrient requirements, so I don't think it makes maintenance much easier but could be wrong.   Grafting with fruits etc is typically done seemingly just to get a stronger rootstock, but I'm not sure if that's much of an issue/need with cannabis.

In my case I'm helping a friend with cancer and he's very stringent about keeping the number of plants as low as possible - like, really low - but at the same time he needs some variety and need to be able to try several CBD varieties as they're still a bit hit-and-miss ... not yet as stabilised as med patients would like. So we're growing 2 plants in veg for 1 month, then graft-combining them to grow 1 plant with 2 strains for two months. We also have a second flower pot, so basically it means every 4 weeks we should get a harvest of a single plant comprising 2 strains.

I've never grafted Cannabis, though I have done avocado's and you want to do them in the warmer month while the sap is flowing. So with that bit of info, if I was to graft, I'd want the room above 25c and probably mid-way through the light cycle while it's on.

I hadn't thought about the temperature or flowing sap, makes sense I guess and fortunately we're heading into the warmer months now!

And humidity also very important for foliar feeding while it settles in, basically like a clone in that respect i guess

Edited by alienpuppy
  • Upvote 1

In my case I'm helping a friend with cancer and he's very stringent about keeping the number of plants as low as possible - like, really low - but at the same time he needs some variety and need to be able to try several CBD varieties as they're still a bit hit-and-miss ... not yet as stabilised as med patients would like. So we're growing 2 plants in veg for 1 month, then graft-combining them to grow 1 plant with 2 strains for two months. We also have a second flower pot, so basically it means every 4 weeks we should get a harvest of a single plant comprising 2 strains.

Your friends have some odd ways, man.

If your friend is battling cancer, it's a bit silly to keep the number of plants down. His/her health should take priority above the law or whatever reason they want to keep the numbers down. Grafting is also going to slow the process up somewhat for it to take, before it resumes growing as normal.

Hmm, risk a conviction or possible death... It's not rocket science, is it?