Ventilation: Air in and Air out question.

As Indy suggested it is always good to have more air movement than needed and back off the fan speed, all sorts of things happen especially if u build your room in winter or the cooler months and plan on growing year round u end up running into complications when it warms up

i have in winter used 2x 120mm Sunon fans one for intake one for extraction but i was only running a 175w MH than the weather warmed up and i found it very difficult to control temps but back than i was on a very limited budget and fans cost a lot of money in those days

mould is the biggest problem with picking the right ventilation fan, adding a intake fan will increase your air exchanges by a lot more than just running a passive intake with one exhaust fan

don't forget if your in a room a pedestal fan can redirect all your heat from hid lights as does a tower fan in a tent but without either the air your exhaust fan sucks thru passively will take the less resistance path so u may have hot pockets of air,think like the wind lol use a long piece of hair or piece of sewing cotton string than start up your ventilation and walk around the room holding the string by one end u should see the air movement in the room moving the string it will give u a indication where u will possibly have stagnant air in the room it will also show u the path your air is going thru the room if u don't have string or long hair use something light and thin like that crinkly shit u use for kids easter hat parades

but u could just buy a air conditioner and a humidifier,a window air con only draws 500-750watts

Also, I usually have flyscreen on my intakes for obvious reasons, and if you have dusty conditions in your area those screens can block up quite a lot and restrict the flow noticeably. Usually cleaned the screens every 10-14 days. Use to run the fan 24/7.

Any advice on how much passive intake I’ll need for 300mm max-fan? Would 2X 200 mm intakes be sufficient? Cheers!

Last time I ran a 300mm centrifugal fan. I had it drawing 1x150mm in a veg cabinet, and the flower cab was drawing through 2x200mm intakes. That seemed to have worked just fine, but I did have some bends in the ducting which does reduce flow, having that sort of worked to my advantage.

But say if you're drawing 2x200mm intakes in a tent through a 300mm centrifugal fan with little resistance with the ducting. That passive intake might be inefficient, may require 3x200's which might be closer to optimum. Though if you had a fan speed controller, I'd reckon you'd be able to dial it down to what you require. :)

:bonghit:

• Upvote 1