Outdoor spot

you can but i'll assume it's mostly fresh poo

this would need to compost down B4 planting in it

don't think it would be ready for this season though if starting now

in composting there's a carbon to nitrogen ratio to help the composting process stay anaerobic & keep moving , nitrogen = all the poo you have & carbon or brown stuffs

would be straw , like barley straw , straw is dead plant matter , no nutrients left all nutrients in the barley plant went into making seed for harvest the straw is whats

left after harvest , often used as bedding for animals , apposed to hay which is feed for animals & full of nutrients cos the plant was pulled B4 producing it's seeds

to have a good final product to plant into you need to compost the poo B4 hand

i just did a quick search for a list of C to N ratios of individual items ,

straw is 75 to 1 , that's 75 parts carbon to 1 part nitrogen

manures are 15 to 1 , 15 parts nitrogen to 1 part carbon

this is thermophilic composting , heat composting apposed to vermi composting which would be cold composting

& some believe cold composting producers a better product due the the losses increased by heat , however cold composting takes much longer to finish

https://www.planetnatural.com/composting-101/making/c-n-ratio/

All organic matter is made up of substantial amounts of carbon © combined with lesser amounts of nitrogen (N). The balance of these two elements in an

organism is called the carbon-to-nitrogen ratio (C:N ratio). For best performance, the compost pile, or more to the point the composting microorganisms,

require the correct proportion of carbon for energy and nitrogen for protein production. Scientists (yes, there are compost scientists) have determined that

the fastest way to produce fertile, sweet-smelling compost is to maintain a C:N ratio somewhere around 25 to 30 parts carbon to 1 part nitrogen, or 25-30:1.

If the C:N ratio is too high (excess carbon), decomposition slows down. If the C:N ratio is too low (excess nitrogen) you will end up with a stinky pile.

Haha I knew you'd post a whole bunch of info itchy, thanks mate. So if fresh poo is out the question for this year, I suppose I'm buying some ready to use compost.

Anything else worth adding as a general rule? I'll keep posting as I prep for anyone to jump in.

Also, anyone revegged a dwc plant outside? I've read that water roots have a hard time transferring to soil.... This one should really test Sal's durability haha

Haha I knew you'd post a whole bunch of info itchy, thanks mate. So if fresh poo is out the question for this year, I suppose I'm buying some ready to use compost.

Anything else worth adding as a general rule? I'll keep posting as I prep for anyone to jump in.

Also, anyone revegged a dwc plant outside? I've read that water roots have a hard time transferring to soil.... This one should really test Sal's durability haha

well you could add peat , roughly 200lt bale $40 -$70 depending ware you buy & how much you need 

or coco , not sure on the price of branded coco , seed raising bricks at bunnings 

are very cheap , never used them , prob not the best quality coco but could be made

to work with a bit of coco cleaning maybe  

Peat Vs Coco https://www.kisorganics.com/blogs/news/99806785-peat-vs-coco

aeration is the other thing to add & prob best & cheapest is scoria 7 -10mm if you buy bulk

in melb a cubic meter from soilworks  is around $105 delivered 

depending on how far you want to go there could be a bunch of amendments you could add to 

that  the main would be dolomite , gypsum & rock dust , after that kelp , neem & activated bio char 

what ever you decide on get a cover crop growing in the plot ( clover or mix ), once you plant your girl , you lay straw over the

top of your cover crop , this will kill off most of the cover crop & put back into the soil what it took out

& kick nutrient cycling along with the green under the straw & the N fixing roots in the soil which release

the N they have been collecting while growing  

you can see this if you have a look at brownguy420 on youtube , go back a few vids to when he's planting out 

his outdoor beds , he lays straw over the cover crop , although he says hay , i think he means straw 

straw = bedding 

hay = food 

however

pea straw = not straw , but hay = nutrients still in pea " Hay "

I have changed my mind about bogans backyard plot, and no longer planting merry Jane!

I have opted for 65 gallon smart pots, 2 in fact...

My theory is plants may like the extra aeration to the roots and plus after understanding the soil amendments my plot would have been acidic cause I didn't add any dolimite or liming agents, so I planted a raspberry cutting there!

Good luck with it tunks!

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Edited by AussieBogan

I think I might just do what billygoat said. I'm a lazy goat too, especially when it comes to outdoor growing. There seems to be so many ways to kill the bloody thing out there lol

I'll dig a huge hole, find some nice potting mix and see how she do.

Noone has had any input regarding dwc to soil... Will she take? Or is it not worth it?

I think I might just do what billygoat said. I'm a lazy goat too, especially when it comes to outdoor growing. There seems to be so many ways to kill the bloody thing out there lol

I'll dig a huge hole, find some nice potting mix and see how she do.

Noone has had any input regarding dwc to soil... Will she take? Or is it not worth it?

Its a weed, pull it out shake off any excess water, throw the fucker in the ground, water with seaweeed for a week

It's true it's weed...it'll grow with sun and food...just chuck it in the ground....but given the right conditions...you can have something amazing....

Dig big ass holes now if you wanna still gunna be outdoorsing it next year...Like 2m deep and 2m wide....Put half the soil back mixed in with some kinda gravely soil (drainage) (make sure it goes in the bottom of the hole... not the top )...Put your fish and chook shit and all that tasty stuff down in the hole...Fill it back in and chuck a rotten log ontop of it...

When this years girls are flowering dig up the hole and turn up the top metre of so....Add some more of the good stuff...At the same time check soil acidy etc....amend with whats needed...

Germinate early August/Sept in a greenhouse....

When you think theyre ready for outdoors (good temps...no frost etc) put them in the hole

Bend...Train...Support...Feed...Love...

You'll get something amazing....