Outdoor spot

Sweeet mate, maybe if you could replace couple of roof sheets with that clear colourbond seethrough stuff, should have a chance of gettin enough light

through. Looks like you'll get some ventilation through those slats on bottom part of walls, Will it be enough?

As long as you can get water on 2 daily basis, dont know where your at but looks like it might get hot in that shed.

But hey,when trying to put grow together,your only limited by imagination

But i'm no pro either.

• Upvote 1

you can look at hothouse fabric called solarweave , "might" be cheaper than replacing the tin roof for plastic roofing 

https://theshadecentre.com.au/product-category/horticultural-roll-products/hothouse-fabrics/

you can add some 30% shade cloth under the frosted Ag plastic for more stealth 

which way dose the sun travel relative to that shed , that might determine what you need to do for max sun inside the space 

• Upvote 2

Thanks guys!

It's not a shed sorry it's a stable. I took the photo from the side that doesn't have a wall so there's plenty of ventilation. I think the sun rises from the right side in the picture and sets pretty much to the left but I can't remember exactly I'll have to check again in the afternoon which way it was coming and going lol

Just wasn't sure if enough light would come from the open side of the stable. I suppose I shoulda taken a better picture.

without a roof change i suspect the plants will stretch a bit looking for the sun 

does it have to stay a stable , could black it out for a light dep room , somewhere 

to put the plants in darkness for 12hrs so they flower 

you can make a hoop house pretty easy with that Ag plastic & Rio they put in concrete 

push one side of the Rio in the ground & bend the other side down to form an arch  

few star pickets along the side to keep stable & you have a hoop house with lots of 

roof tie points for when the buds get weighty 

i did the same thing between the back fence & back of the garage , i used trench mesh 

which is the same thing just smaller lengths of Rio that fit in concrete footings 

used the fence & garage as my stability / star pickets 

• Upvote 1

without a roof change i suspect the plants will stretch a bit looking for the sun

does it have to stay a stable , could black it out for a light dep room , somewhere

to put the plants in darkness for 12hrs so they flower

you can make a hoop house pretty easy with that Ag plastic & Rio they put in concrete

push one side of the Rio in the ground & bend the other side down to form an arch

few star pickets along the side to keep stable & you have a hoop house with lots of

roof tie points for when the buds get weighty

i did the same thing between the back fence & back of the garage , i used trench mesh

which is the same thing just smaller lengths of Rio that fit in concrete footings

used the fence & garage as my stability / star pickets

Yeah I'm not wanting to do anything crazy. Just figured it'd be a good spot to chuck one plant outside and not be too obvious. If it doesn't get enough light inside I could probably use the fenced off yard the stables in but it's a bit more out in the open for prying eyes.

I'd hate for my mum to get a knock on the door from the po po asking about her plants lol

I reckon it's a top spot.

I'd take another couple of roof sheets off and replace with 10% - 30% shade cloth to give you enough light.

Also, you will need to give that soil a good dig and improve with compost. Horses have hard hooves, that soil will be very hard and compacted. The other alternative would be to use big pots.

Good luck and best wishes.

I reckon it's a top spot.

I'd take another couple of roof sheets off and replace with 10% - 30% shade cloth to give you enough light.

Also, you will need to give that soil a good dig and improve with compost. Horses have hard hooves, that soil will be very hard and compacted. The other alternative would be to use big pots.

Good luck and best wishes.

Thanks GR.

I think I'll remove another couple roof panels to be safe ay, cheers for the advice guys.

I will be digging up the area next weekend and adding some shit. I'm no outdoor grower so don't have much of an idea but I'm sure someone will assist me on here yeah?

What basic things should go in the mix? I have horse shit around the paddocks, pig shit, chook shit, should I chuck it all in? What else should I put in? Something simple though... I'm not going crazy.

you can but i'll assume it's mostly fresh poo 

this would need to compost down B4 planting in it 

don't think it would be ready for this season though if starting now 

in composting there's a carbon to nitrogen ratio to help the composting process stay anaerobic & keep moving , nitrogen = all the poo you have & carbon or brown stuffs 

would be straw , like barley straw , straw is dead plant matter , no nutrients left all nutrients in the barley plant went into making seed for harvest the straw is whats

left after harvest , often used as bedding for animals , apposed to hay which is feed for animals & full of nutrients cos the plant was pulled B4 producing it's seeds  

to have a good final product to plant into you need to compost the poo B4 hand

i just did a quick search for a list of C to N ratios of individual items ,

straw is 75 to 1 , that's 75 parts carbon to 1 part nitrogen

manures are 15 to 1 , 15 parts nitrogen to 1 part carbon

this is thermophilic composting , heat composting apposed to vermi composting which would be cold composting 

& some believe cold composting producers a better product due the the losses increased by heat , however cold composting takes much longer to finish

https://www.planetnatural.com/composting-101/making/c-n-ratio/

All organic matter is made up of substantial amounts of carbon © combined with lesser amounts of nitrogen (N). The balance of these two elements in an

organism is called the carbon-to-nitrogen ratio (C:N ratio). For best performance, the compost pile, or more to the point the composting microorganisms,

require the correct proportion of carbon for energy and nitrogen for protein production. Scientists (yes, there are compost scientists) have determined that

the fastest way to produce fertile, sweet-smelling compost is to maintain a C:N ratio somewhere around 25 to 30 parts carbon to 1 part nitrogen, or 25-30:1.

If the C:N ratio is too high (excess carbon), decomposition slows down. If the C:N ratio is too low (excess nitrogen) you will end up with a stinky pile.