Need some advice on reveg clones outdoors

High Guys

After some advice if anyone can help...I have 4 little Indica clones in week 6-7 of flower...The little midget ladies have been through the elements! Storms, frost, 2 were uprooted by bandicoots and spent over 24 hours on their sides...I really don't care what I get off them..... looks like I might get a solid oz out of the 4 of em haha....but I'm wanting to reveg them as soon as they want to ..Spring equinox....though they are only in 12h 20mins of darkness now....For everyone thats read this far and is about to tell me I'm wasting my time I don't care...its fun...its an experiment :)

So my questions are:

1. Should I stagger the harvest and try and draw it out until the plant is ready to reveg? or harvest all at once and let it sit "dormant" for 2-4 weeks?

2. Trim the root ball? If so keep them in the pots? or would they do better being put out in to open soil come spring?

3. Something to give them a little boost as they come into spring? I have been using go-go juice...a little powerfeed and organic compost in soil....

4. Once/If they have re-vegged would it be viable to take clones of her? Or shouldn't clones be taken of an already re-vegged clone?

5. Once/If they have re-vegged could I breed from her? Perhaps the seeds would then be more climatized to my area?

6.Any other tips and all the shit I've missed....

Thanks Guys :)

Stayin alive Stayin alive ah ah ah ah Stayin Alllivvvee :)

Stayin alive Stayin alive ah ah ah ah Stayin Alllivvvee :)

DSCF5144

DSCF5132

Biggest problem I can see you having is getting them to reveg outdoors.  I've had clones put outside in October go into flower, so getting flowering plants to trigger back into veg may not happen until Summer, last time I tried it with an indi dom it was late December by the time she started veg growth.  You'll either have to set up supplemental lighting outdoors, or bring them in under lights to force them.

Harvest when they are mature, leave a few bits of bud on, trim the rootball back, and set them up to reveg.  Once revegged you can take clones, reflower, breed with etc all as normal, though it's worth doing a thorough prune before letting them go back into flower.

:peace:

• Upvote 2

Thanks mate yeah I thought it wouldn't be that easy...I'm hoping living in the "sunshine state" may help...I don't really care when they go into reveg...as long as they do...

A plant though i guess can only live for so long in that period in between flower and veg...Till eventually she just gives up...I can't really set up light at the grow site...5km from home in the middle of the bush up a hill :) And bringing them home to lights would mean carrying them back through the 5km of bush track....I guess i'll just let nature do its thing...hope for the best...These have just been keeping my busy while I wait for spring to come along...But i will be trimming back the root ball and sticking them in a hole after harvest...Any nutrients you know of that help in the dormant stage between flower and veg? something to keep the stem and roots healthy? Or perhaps a spray? Had an old random bean pop up in one of the pots a week or so ago...its powering on...got a feeling it going to be a good season :)

Probably anything that's meant to be good for roots, even Seasol possibly????  I use Roots Excellurator by H&G on seedlings and clones for their first week, it would probably help but it's very fucking expensive.

Here's what I've done in the bush, but I shit myself the whole time, every time:  I got some solar lights, the spotlight types, and staked them up around the plants I was wanting to keep in veg when they started flowering, I put 3 around each plant pointing down on them from above.  Simple solution that works, but freaky as fuck in a guerilla grow.  I wasn't worried about anyone on foot seeing the light at night due to no habitation being visible from my plots and nobody being likely to be up there in the dark, but the solar panels during the day, and the light output at night, would stick out like dog balls to anyone in a chopper or light plane.  Does work if you're brave (or stupid in my case :D ) enough though. 

Being further north than me should bring light hours forward a bit, in my opinion you'd get simpler and better results starting some fresh seedlings off at home in September and putting them out at 3-4 weeks.

Best of luck  :peace:

I'll probably just keep using seasol...That green bottle seasol powerfeed has more Nitrogen...

I would probably get away with doing that. Its in a pretty secluded spot...But yeah the reflection of the panels during the day would be the biggest concern...but this little experiment has pretty much a $0 budget. I'll keep it in mind for the future though...didn't think the solar lights would put out enough....

The reason I'm fucking around with clones in winter is to see whether I can breed successfully in the off season...Plan is to germinate and grow normally from sept etc....then start some more off (or get clones going) in Autumn....normal season flowers and harvests before my Autumn grow shows their sex....cross some genetics through the winter....then start all over again....Sounds good in my head.... but have been testing out growing different strains in the colder months up here and everything has handled it...Though should of started my sativas a month earlier...Apparently this July was the warmest recorded in 100 years though...So we'll see next year....knowing my luck it will fucking snow in QLD....

I'll probably just keep using seasol...That green bottle seasol powerfeed has more Nitrogen...

I'm about to try Seasol's PowerFeed for Tomatoes and Vegetables for the first time. It's little higher again in Nitrogen (N:14.0%, P: 1.4%, K: 8.0%), compared to the PowerFeed Concerntrate (N: 12.0%, P: 1.4%, K: 7.0%) that you mentioned. I haven't used Seasol products in years, it'll be interesting to see if I improve on it, or fuck it up altogether. :D

But yeah, Snow in Qld could be a possibility, strange weather in recent times. Three years back we had a late frost in first week of September. Usually, years back. You could count on the Ekka arriving in Brisvegas, then the Westerly's would blow through for a week about the same time, then maybe if it was still a bit cool you could get a very light frost or two, then be breaking into Spring the middle to last week of August. It's a damn lottery these days to what you get, weather-wise though. :D

I'm about to try Seasol's PowerFeed for Tomatoes and Vegetables for the first time. It's little higher again in Nitrogen (N:14.0%, P: 1.4%, K: 8.0%), compared to the PowerFeed Concerntrate (N: 12.0%, P: 1.4%, K: 7.0%) that you mentioned. I haven't used Seasol products in years, it'll be interesting to see if I improve on it, or fuck it up altogether. :D

But yeah, Snow in Qld could be a possibility, strange weather in recent times. Three years back we had a late frost in first week of September. Usually, years back. You could count on the Ekka arriving in Brisvegas, then the Westerly's would blow through for a week about the same time, then maybe if it was still a bit cool you could get a very light frost or two, then be breaking into Spring the middle to last week of August. It's a damn lottery these days to what you get, weather-wise though. :D

I was using a bit of the tomato and vege one just recently while i had some in flower...didn't realise how high the Nitrogen was! always read the bottle... but it did help with the cold i reckon...kept them tough...

I wouldn't be suprised at all...we usually get some pretty rough frosts...but this year nothing so far...at the moment its 27 degrees outside and the minimums haven't been lower than 5 degrees all winter...feels like we started spring a month early!...