Wish I found this 2 mths ago

To tell you the truth I don't think I'll grow in pots this big again the plants grow to big and the stretch is out of control, Iam completely out of head room and thinking about pulling 2 plants out and Finishing them out side got seriously over grown .

e35fe6c9f76ffa74a83294177c1543e0.png

A guy has gotta have a hobby might as well be making Kick arse meds

Serious question, what has the pot got to do with that?

Should you not have just turned them over earlier?

I grow in tiny pots, ask serrated edge.

Then I reveg in the same pot without repotting. There are photo on here somewhere where I have run out of headroom on a reveg because I left it to late to turn them over.

Because I have change nutes to coco nutes(where the veg and flower a and b are the same) from Hydro nutes in coco, I now have to repot them because I have too much nitrogen in the reveg veg because the fuckking coco holds it and I get burn early on, or don't feed and they miss other nutes.

Arrgh, I bought a lot of those nutes so I could get discount and all it's done is to cause me more work.

Ahh I digress

Bigger pots mean bigger roots !

Bigger roots mean bigger plants and bigger fruits , yes I should of flipped them a bit earlier but they never would of grown and stretched so much if they were in smaller pots, I usually grow in 18 ltr pots and have never had height problems before even verging for same amount of time , getting 2 identical clones and growing and blooming one in a 18ltr pot and one in a 50 ltr pot is going to have big differences on size and yield of plant.

How much run off do you have when you water ? I never have a problem with my salt levels in the coco unless I skimp on run off, saving money on not watering enough to have 15-20% run off will only end up costing you in yield and quality..

I don't know if this is true but I've heard the roots mirror what's going up top.. so all the stuff you see in your plant is actually all curled up in your medium.. probably bullshit cos roots always look bigger after the grow is done and the medium is tapped off ..

Bigger pots mean bigger roots !

Bigger roots mean bigger plants and bigger fruits , yes I should of flipped them a bit earlier but they never would of grown and stretched so much if they were in smaller pots, I usually grow in 18 ltr pots and have never had height problems before even verging for same amount of time , getting 2 identical clones and growing and blooming one in a 18ltr pot and one in a 50 ltr pot is going to have big differences on size and yield of plant.

How much run off do you have when you water ? I never have a problem with my salt levels in the coco unless I skimp on run off, saving money on not watering enough to have 15-20% run off will only end up costing you in yield and quality..

28liter pots are fucking perfect

as usual timing is everything

yes I should of flipped them a bit earlier but they never would of grown and stretched so much if they were in smaller pots, I usually grow in 18 ltr pots and have never had height problems before even verging for same amount of time , 

Dude that's not what the science says. My pots are small, I've had pictures on here where they have stretched out of control, in pissy little pots, these pots would be 5 litres at max.

I still grow in them. They grow and stretch depending on conditions and feed, not pot size. DOn't get me wrong I know what you are gettig at, but those little pots I get up to 7.5 ounces off each plant.

I've also learnt not to move the lights to high in that first 2 to 3 weeks until the hairs show and that's when they slow down a little.

If you lift the lights they go looking for them in that period

You should of just switched them earlier, don't blame the pots

• Upvote 1

Dude that's not what the science says. My pots are small, I've had pictures on here where they have stretched out of control, in pissy little pots, these pots would be 5 litres at max.

I still grow in them. They grow and stretch depending on conditions and feed, not pot size. DOn't get me wrong I know what you are gettig at, but those little pots I get up to 7.5 ounces off each plant.

I've also learnt not to move the lights to high in that first 2 to 3 weeks until the hairs show and that's when they slow down a little.

If you lift the lights they go looking for them in that period

You should of just switched them earlier, don't blame the pots

Iam not blaming the pots it's a number of contributors pot size being one and a strain that I've never grown before and unaware of its growth habits is the main factor.. as well as not flipping them early enough I agree with what your saying ... 7.5 oz out of a 5 ltr pot is very impressive [emoji1303] what strain did you achieve that with and was it a scrog?

Here's the thread with the photo's.
It will be a good read for you with what problems I had later on.
I was told it was AK48 strain but it just seemed to be be too fast growing.
it was extremely fast finish

ing, 7 weeks in flower, smooth as with a great buzz, the problem is I couldn't take a clone at that stage so someone else took a few and killed by neglect.
The original guy says he can't get it for reason I can't get into here, so now I am without it, waiting waiting.
I would kill everything in my tent at the moment two weeks into flower if I new for sure I had it waiting in clone form. 
Sometimes I think it's better to leave the light slow for the stretch and veg, the plants can handle it and for me, all the strains seem to not strive as hard for the light, less growth.
It was a scrog then it got out of control, tiedown and bend over in multiplies sometimes, you can see all the string.
Then the buds got heavy so it was tie up to the ceiling. Lucky i was not working at this stage, lesson learnt at the right time.
You also have to remember I got about 7oz the first time from each plant and this is the reveg when I got 7.5oz plus some popcorn buds.
I got it all wrong with the stretch the second(reveg) time and you can see in one a different strain again that I have bent over and around the tent. It would have been 2.5 m plus long.
If that said Lemon sativa doesn't perform this time it's gone, it takes too long and just vegs and stretches especially to quick for the others strains I have.
I had a whitefly problem last time so I am giving it another chance or it's out.

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/77392-regrows-is-that-what-you-call-them/page-3