Mistakes I made

yeah that's exactly what I have done spend money I probably didn't need to spend like humidifier maybe when I bud in this tent the bigger exhaust will come in handy I think they sell you all the gear but in the beginning of the grow it's a bit of over kill you don't need it haven't budded in tent yet so I don't know what will.happen then

well I thought try something else because you can now smell it all through the garage coming into house via air con, f$$k me , I have now constructed light blockers for the vents( some old cardboard boxes) have placed 2 metres of ducting between carbon filter and exhaust trying to slow intake got my wife on outside to switch on fan and my pressure was much better( whom now has the shits doing this) only a very slight pull to the inside hopefully this will do the trick check in hour and see if it's still drying out or ok now but smell is gone

You seriously can't trust a word they say at the hydro shop .. I could understand if I was growing with different lights but the SS550 doesn't produce much heat at all .. it's very manageable . The guy at the shop recommended a 8" 200mm hyperfan for my tent size .. I honestly think it'd be way too much . I might just get what my mates grow has , a 6" 150mm. That'll be plenty ..

yep I think so you'll know soon enough

yep I think so you'll know soon enough

just remember with leds the temp at night here can get down to 2 degrees days 21 when I did the first batch with led temp wasn't a problem this batch temp was had to put a heater in there. That's why I went to HPS for winter solved the heat problem unfortunately that's when all my problems began
  • Upvote 1

when i started using led i had problems during winter.. due to the cold.

then i raised my plants off the tent floor.. just little half inch plate things.. and cut the exhaust to intermitten on off cycles thru the lights off/night time period. . and that solved most of the cold/winter problems.

The tent is the homebox R240. It's solid .. it's gonna be in a single room that I won't be using for anything else accept storage .. not gonna have an intake fan .. I'm not gonna crowd the tent . I'll only be doing 2-3 plants ..

my grow tent is 1.2 M x 1.2 M x 2M

so 1.2 x 1.2 x2= 2.8 cubic meters in total

2.8 X 60 =172.8 cubic meters an hour needed

and here’s a quick approximate guide to the size of fan for what size area you are growing in

Sizes:

4″/100mm – 175m3/hour

5″/125mm – 225m3/hour

6″/150mm – 420m3/hour

8″/200mm – 750m3/hour

10″/250mm – 1000m3/hour

12″/315mm – 1300m3/hour

Just found this I have 6inch only needed a 4inch wish I found this earlier!i was sucking out over twice as much as I needed

However! any 90º bend in the ducting means that you will need to add a 30% power increase due to extra load

172m3 X 1.3=223.6m3

• Upvote 1

then i raised my plants off the tent floor.. just little half inch plate things.. and cut the exhaust to intermitten on off cycles thru the lights off/night time period. . and that solved most of the cold/winter problems.

its freezing in the garage here at the moment

Yeah with LEDs tweaking for lights off is definitely needed .. we use a tube heater connected to a set thermostat gizmo .. if anyone's looking for tube heaters a company called Sproutwell sells em .. [emoji1363]

micmac u need to settle down man, a 600w HPS in winter will still put off heat enough to warm a 1.2m tent you will only need the heater on a timer once your light turns off just to maintain temperature

do not run your light without the fan working otherwise you could be putting on display the biggest bon fire in your neighbour hood when your house burns down

you can run your exhaust fan on a thermostat there are combined thermostats for heating and cooling in one unit this would be the choice because your running a 600w light which puts off plenty of warmth the other option is to use a fan speed controller but it will require u to keep checking on temps untill its dialed in

your leaf curling is you are running your light too close to the plant and u don't have the medium sufficiently moist enough for the plant as u mentioned u let it dry out

once u have the above corrected if your humidity is still low under 50% you will need a humidifier to raise the humidity to around 65-70% seeing as your in veg

you also have another problem the plant looks pale u may have a deficiency