Mistakes I made

The airflow is not just about removing heat, it's also about air exchange.

As the plant gets bigger it will expel more waste into the air, that needs to be got rid of.

Also air flow around the buds assists in it evaporating reducing instances of mould

Air flow flexing the growing stems strengthens the stems as well, stronger stems can hold bigger buds upright.

The carbon filter is for odours. Depending on the filter size vs grow space will depend on the fan needed. Will a 4inch move enough air for your space?? I know with mine a 4inch fan isn't big enough to force the air thru the filter without back pressure and won't exchange enough for my space.

Merl1n

i got good air circulation I have a 6inch exhaust fan its way too big I exchange way too much since I've had it on every two hrs for 20 mins using only intake fan the rest of time with roof vent opened has worked for me when I need less humidity and more odour control will let it run more

i got good air circulation I have a 6inch exhaust fan its way too big I exchange way too much since I've had it on every two hrs for 20 mins using only intake fan the rest of time with roof vent opened has worked for me when I need less humidity and more odour control will let it run more

just think about the exhaust fan in the bathroom and how it sucks the steam out of the room. A room that is much bigger than a tent your exhaust fan in your tent is more powerful and a much smaller confined space so the effect of exhaust fan( sometimes I say carbon filter because your exhaust is attached) is amplified so say the same fan in the bathroom is gonna take out 4 or more times the air in the tent ,don't know if there's any science is this but put your exhaust fan and intake on if you have one go in the tent close the door and see how much the walls of the tent are being sucked in , if you can barely notice it the fan is the right size if not get someone on the outside to open a vent see if it improves if still too much open another vent until the pressure in the room is only slightly greater than outside when I did this the walls sucked in significantly even with intake fan on and vents opened ,the tent was exchanging air way too quick, causing plants to dry out

just think about the exhaust fan in the bathroom and how it sucks the steam out of the room. A room that is much bigger than a tent your exhaust fan in your tent is more powerful and a much smaller confined space so the effect of exhaust fan( sometimes I say carbon filter because your exhaust is attached) is amplified so say the same fan in the bathroom is gonna take out 4 or more times the air in the tent ,don't know if there's any science is this but put your exhaust fan and intake on if you have one go in the tent close the door and see how much the walls of the tent are being sucked in , if you can barely notice it the fan is the right size if not get someone on the outside to open a vent see if it improves if still too much open another vent until the pressure in the room is only slightly greater than outside when I did this the walls sucked in significantly even with intake fan on and vents opened ,the tent was exchanging air way too quick, causing plants to dry out

sorry slightly less lost track

sorry just sitting here thinking , as u do, so basically what I am trying to say is that the air in and air out should not have dramatic effect on rh or temp, once you find that balance you can maintain a constant environment much easier everything seems to fall into place

are you going to have an intake fan aswell?.

or just the exhaust ?.

and is it a strong built tent?..

i have seen a cheeeep tent fold in on its self due to extreme exhaust.

The tent is the homebox R240. It's solid .. it's gonna be in a single room that I won't be using for anything else accept storage .. not gonna have an intake fan .. I'm not gonna crowd the tent . I'll only be doing 2-3 plants .. Edited by Jim420

Damn that's good advice .. the guy at my hydro shop said the fan sucking the tent walls in was a good thing and how it's supposed to be but I wasn't feeling his advice 100%.

Damn that's good advice .. the guy at my hydro shop said the fan sucking the tent walls in was a good thing and how it's supposed to be but I wasn't feeling his advice 100%.

yeah thanks too much suck and it sucks everything out and I don't think the plant can draw water as quickly as it is dispersing it I have switched the exhaust off completely looking for a really small one now normal circulation using vents is working just fine for the moment

yeah thanks too much suck and it sucks everything out and I don't think the plant can draw water as quickly as it is dispersing it I have switched the exhaust off completely looking for a really small one now normal circulation using vents is working just fine for the moment

I'm gonna have to work this out somehow ? There's no point spending money if it's un necessary.. do you know whats the smallest size the phresh hyper fans come in ?

I'm gonna have to work this out somehow ? There's no point spending money if it's un necessary.. do you know whats the smallest size the phresh hyper fans come in ?

yeah that's exactly what I have done spend money I probably didn't need to spend like humidifier maybe when I bud in this tent the bigger exhaust will come in handy I think they sell you all the gear but in the beginning of the grow it's a bit of over kill you don't need it haven't budded in tent yet so I don't know what will.happen then

yeah that's exactly what I have done spend money I probably didn't need to spend like humidifier maybe when I bud in this tent the bigger exhaust will come in handy I think they sell you all the gear but in the beginning of the grow it's a bit of over kill you don't need it haven't budded in tent yet so I don't know what will.happen then

You seriously can't trust a word they say at the hydro shop .. I could understand if I was growing with different lights but the SS550 doesn't produce much heat at all .. it's very manageable . The guy at the shop recommended a 8" 200mm hyperfan for my tent size .. I honestly think it'd be way too much . I might just get what my mates grow has , a 6" 150mm. That'll be plenty ..