Bogan's backyard!

Cure it properly and your herb will have never tasted so good :)

Get it in the ground by spring ...

Let it get 8 nodes then

Tip it every 2/3/ weeks till Jan 15th

Then leave it... ty it down in 1st nov

water adequately then let it have a dry period in nov .flood it every 3 days in the afternoon all december/ jan /back of in feb or above 26 degrees if it rains leave it.(if you can)

Other options too are

Get seasol powder and sprinkle it straight on the surface in nov.

And a ring of dynamic lifter or another bag of straight chook shit plus homemade comfrey teas till Jan alternated with water 

Comfrey plant is $5

Nothing but straight water after 1st march

Edited by cardrona
  • Upvote 2

I am an old school horticulturist ...we know how to grow tasty herb ....for flavour and yield....I aint a dealer there is a difference ....oops and I forgot other additives are  3 or 4 shovels of ash out of a fire,and ask your local coffee shop for there used coffee and your hairdresser for a bag of hair these are cheap highly nutritious and free 

and in dry areas with highs over 40 place ag line in a circular snake with a piece sticking out of the ground to water into to stop evaporation.

Water the foliage in nov dec Jan as well before 4.30pm so they are dry by night .....mimics the tropics

That's a 20 year old recipe...if you do this properly you will provide enough for one person smoke for the year and too make some oil as well...and give some away.

Best of luck :)

Post your results 

Edited by cardrona
  • Upvote 1

If you are going to plant seed straight in the ground....water the site first in the morning then before you take seed out of glass . soak the seeds in straight water till afternoon and plant 5 or 6. up to 12 scattered around then cover them with dirt 1cm deep 

Dont water till they sprout.

In 2-3 weeks after sprouting cull down to the best 3 or 4 and then cull to the best one the following week or move it to another site etc....if you time this right and wait for a rainy 2-3 day period move the plant during this wet time and it will not suffer transplant shock ..use some snail pellets if its wet and you are near a home garden or keep an eye out for snails then.Encourage money spiders

Keep your best looking male's pollen then cull the rest do this for a few years and your seeds will be a climatised to your area...just pollinate one side branch each year ..

You will have better genetics than any bought seed after 3 seasons for your site area .

find nth east facing sites ...that start to get some shade after 3-4pm  sun first thing till at least 3pm..this will counteract if you get a stinking hot summer with many days over  40

Only ever walk to within one spot of it ...never walk around it you will harden the ground

;)

Edited by cardrona
  • Upvote 1

You can also in drier areas submerge the firewood for two or 3 weeks prior in a pond or water ...

it will slowly re release moisture as the temperatures warm up.

hugelkultur

Hugelkultur are no-dig raised beds with a difference. They hold moisture, build fertility, maximise surface

volume and are great spaces for growing fruit, vegetables and herbs. Hugelkultur, pronounced Hoo-gul-culture, means hill culture or hill mound.

• Upvote 1

That's what I'm done/doing at home

very cool , love to look see 

Hey AB 

sorry i missed your post 

i had a skim though 

just some thoughts 

i noticed you said you larva rock or scoria as we know it 

that's great aeration to have though your mix , gives a home for benne's to live as well as aerating the complete hole when mixed though

personally i wouldn't put stones in the bottom , would rather have more mix / plant - benne food , but each to there own , either or  

if your making a compost hole to plant into you can pop down to the local health food store & pick up some 

dried herbs pretty cheap , lookup what herbs are used in making biodynamic compost & mix them in 

go to a brew store & get some rice hulls , very cheap carbon source , works as aeration but will break down & add

silica as they do 

benne's can be helped to kick on with plenty of rock dust , i use a healthy quantity of basalt rock dust in my mixes

& along with the rock dust , calcium = oyster shell flour , dolomite , & also gypsum , handy the ol gypsum in flower

add sulphur , which will help add to terpene production 

the longest to build are fungal communities so the more you can help that the better , wood / straw are good for

fungal growth in a compost pile 

sorry if i'm repeating anyone else's info & not reading the thread completely  

• Upvote 1