How to clean a Percolator bong?

my OP already mentioned being down the alcohol and salt road... its a no go, heated, cold, shaken, stirred, rice, boiling water, acetone, CLR.... All the major black thick gunk is off, just some slight staining inside the actual arms of the perc.... i want it like new, its only 2 months old and has been rinsed every night since new, with either metho or iso (what ever is on hand = alcohol + salt or rice), but over time its sorta stained it, but I know it will come off, im sure it will  :twiddle:

Try the powder mate, it is cheap (use home brand) and as long as the mixed solution can get to the stain, it should get it out (I have never had it not get it clean). Let us know how you go after the clean too mate ;-)

Edited by rigman
  • Upvote 1

Over the years I've tried everything and the one thing that always works, is cheap as piss and is easy to get is bleach, homebrand crap seems to work the best, now before I get a bunch of "your stupid and its dangerous bla bla bla " I don't rip bongs with bleach instead of water for starters, the Bleach degrades quickly once it dries out or is exposed to light, bleach brakes down into water, salt and oxygen so once flushed out with water and left to dry there is pretty much nothing harmful left. I pour the bleach into the shitter and let it clean in there before flushing it away.  Yea Iso and acetone work dam well but they are expensive and then your left with a contaminated product that you either reuse or turf. Bleach is under $2 for 2lt and its safe to go down the drain. 

And the winner is Rigman! couldnt believe my eyes, didnt even use boiling water, just hot from the tap and bling bling its all shmiko  ;)

DSC03452

DSC03453

*it was in this part that was dirty

This goes in the clean bong ;)

DSC03444

Cheers

Edited by Qwobbler
  • Upvote 5