How to clean a Percolator bong?

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know how to clean an 8 arm tree percolator bong?

The old alcohol and salt trick is not working.. The whole bong is clean except for inside the tree perc, which you can not get any brushes or anything to..

Edited by Qwobbler

That is the number 1 reason i wont buy a bong like that all those areas are a total bitch to clean because it so hard to get into.

I have heard of ppl soaking it in acetone to remove hard to get off stuff maybe try that.

I sure u will prob get other ideas...

Best cleaning solution for glassware that I have found is Dishwasher Powder (Alkaline Based).

Pull your glassware apart as much as possible and put all the parts (I normally don't put the main body in until last) into a bucket big enough to hold all the pieces (as small as possible so your not using too much powder, but this stuff will expand when you hit it with boiling water).

Add a couple of scoops of the powder to the bucket and (CAREFULLY) pour freshly boiled water in and stir well. Try not to breathe in the fumes and not to break your glass)

Once all the powder has dissolved, put the main body in (it needs to be totally submerged) and leave it to rest. The level will slowly drop down, so keep an eye on it and top up with the boiled water as needed.

Let it cool down (you can rush it, but it is easy to break glass if you make it too cool to quickly, so best to just leave it rest till the water is warm). As the solution is alkaline, the parts will be really slippery as you remove them (and this stuff will sting any cuts or scrapes on your hands), so carefully take out each part and rinse thoroughly (rinse and put into a bucket of fresh cool water if you like), then reassemble. I had 5 year old glassware which would look (and smell) like a brand new piece every time I washed it down like this.

Edited by rigman

Acetone... no go... then took me about an hour to rinse out the smell lol

Grab a can of degreaser from any auto shop spray some (if really dirty add half a spoon of rice) in shake for a while it gets nearly anything off. Then rinse with HOT water even boiled

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Good idea, but a brutal one lol

Best cleaning solution for glassware that I have found is Dishwasher Powder (Alkaline Based).

Pull your glassware apart as much as possible and put all the parts (I normally don't put the main body in until last) into a bucket big enough to hold all the pieces (as small as possible so your not using too much powder, but this stuff will expand when you hit it with boiling water).

Add a couple of scoops of the powder to the bucket and (CAREFULLY) pour freshly boiled water in and stir well. Try not to breathe in the fumes and not to break your glass)

Once all the powder has dissolved, put the main body in (it needs to be totally submerged) and leave it to rest. The level will slowly drop down, so keep an eye on it and top up with the boiled water as needed.

Let it cool down (you can rush it, but it is easy to break glass if you make it too cool to quickly, so best to just leave it rest till the water is warm). As the solution is alkaline, the parts will be really slippery as you remove them (and this stuff will sting any cuts or scrapes on your hands), so carefully take out each part and rinse thoroughly (rinse and put into a bucket of fresh cool water if you like), then reassemble. I had 5 year old glassware which would look (and smell) like a brand new piece every time I washed it down like this.

Ok, thanks for your opinion, will give that a crack tomorrow night ;)

Im determined to keep this baby crystal clear ;)

Just make sure to get the powder (not tablets, not liquid, and not eco Friendly style stuff) and that it is the alkaline based powder. It will work a treat and will smell much like when you open the door of the dishwasher after a cycle. Do it regularly and it will clean easier and taste better, than letting it get caked on and then trying to rescue it. The other upside is it will look like new and no one could prove it has been used........