Winter growing Victoria

if you were vegetating indoors in warmth under hid and placing the plants outdoors during the day for sun, you might be ok to grow outdoors all winter.

but no leaving them out there too long on cold days.

indoors would have to warm them back up again.

could get tricky in big damp pots also.

but i cant see myself popping seed outdoors , maybe autoflowers would make it?? who knows?

Im in Vic and have tried in the past for outdoor winter plants.

What I have found and I have tried many times over the years is they sprout and start growing ok a bit slow but ok. Then for some reason everyone would just go dormant. They look healthy but seem to just stop growing on the second or third set. I never tried a green house but did try putting them in a shed through the nights with no change. Its gunna be tough but I believe it is possible good luck hope you have more joy than I did.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Im in Vic and have tried in the past for outdoor winter plants.

What I have found and I have tried many times over the years is they sprout and start growing ok a bit slow but ok. Then for some reason everyone would just go dormant. They look healthy but seem to just stop growing on the second or third set. I never tried a green house but did try putting them in a shed through the nights with no change. Its gunna be tough but I believe it is possible good luck hope you have more joy than I did.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

The way I look at it ; plants need 5-6 hours of sunlight a day . Some winter weeks we don't see the sun at all .. Also temps during the night are less than favourable . I could see a greenhouse with a light in it working but that's about it .. just my opinion .

I respect people trying but the maths just don't add up . Better off just waiting another 3-4 months - then it's on !

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't if I lived in Vic ...just stirring fella's.

They do stunt slightly here grown right through and reveged...but it warms up early here by Aug/sept ...but definitely in Vic they would...if you live on the top of a hill rather than in a valley or shadow of a mountain you might have better luck not to far from the coast .