Underestimating neighbours...

I have about 8 plants outdoors and never thought my 70+ neighbourhood (it's not really a retirement village just seems that way :rolleyes:) would really be an issue, apart from their visitors.

However at a good half a meter high now one of my neighbours (from the side i have the plants on and quite visible from his windows) pointed out the marijuana plants in the garden :blink: ;)

Just wondering if any of you have had anything similar happen.

Around this area i have been heaps dosile about smoking and growing the fine erb as it's just part of my natural life and it's just there... like food or tv. The strong odour of burning ganja is almost always seeping out of my house along with the smoke clouds.

After the experience with the neighbours however it's unsettled me a little as i usually have music loud enough to shake the walls of the houses 7 doors up the street opposite across from me (i've had a few complaints) and got me wondering what if they call the police for something small and they look over my fence ? Or something similar, so i've been taking it easy with pissing off the neighbours and just laying low so to speak.

Anyone else ever underestimated people this way ?

Tits Intruiging

:lol: Did you mean 'tis'? :lol:

Sounds like you'll have to behave yourself for a little while and hope they forget it - we've always had to be really careful. Let's face it, I can be fined or put in jail for growing or having MJ around so I don't underestimate anyone. I find I have to be especially careful with neighbours - they see a lot more than you think.

lol, No BB, Someone is intruiged by tits.

Ok, now back to it.

Be verrry, Verrry carefull, I had just about the same experience with the loud music and complaints, One day while working on my car, Stereo blaring, The neighbours decided to ring the police, Their bedroom was right next to my garage.

When the police arrived it was still early, Sun just going down. I've always had my backyard overgrown with mj, So i let them in through the front of the garage.

Stupid me had a few drinks under his belt and wasn't thinking straight, As soon as the copper stepped into my garage he noticed what i had forgotten about, A nice big mully at the garage window staring in at him.

I never seen so many cops turn up anywhere in such speed.

Anyways, That made for another court appearance and more fines.

Also a different neighbour (not the one who made the noise complaint) was pointing out to the police where the other plants were in the yard.

Police attention is something you dont want around your grow, So be kind to your neighbours and street, I know it's hard, Believe me i know.

Take care,

Paranoid.

but from a noise complaint the police could only come around and ask you to turn it down ? not having a reason to enter your home you don't have to let them in am i correct ? still spose it's not worth the risk involved.

will be taking it very easy from now on hehehe

probably right, but they might come in or go round the back if you don't answer the door, which you might not if you're ripped off your nut with the music blaring lol

I got busted smoking in the back garden because the cops came round the back of the house after I didn't answer the front door. The only reason the cops came was because one of my idiot mates set off the house alarm and although I turned it off never bothered to ring the security company.

Both neighbours on either side of our house know that we grow mj and we are lucky that they let us know if anyone has been hanging around the place. We had to go away for a few days and we had 2 monster plants in our garden shed with lights in there and while we were away someone broke in took the plants but left the lights on so our neighbours came in turned the lights off.

I think if they were going to dob you in they would not let you know that they saw your plants.

Just lay low and be sure to say "hi" every time you see them.

We have actually had a young couple move into our street around 7 months ago and they have music blaring every day and late into the night and i have never seen the cops there. Also they never open any of there curtains and at the moment everyone is gossiping whether they are growing in there or not. So i figure while they are all worring what there up to they are leaving us alone.

Btw pipeman i would be putting a gate up so no one can just walk straight into your back yard.

Cheers lol

i dont talk to my neighbours no more - id rather be "the weird guy who dont talk to no one " in my street haha

cos of this incident..... my ex's kids threw rocks at the neighbours dog so he come to complain while me and my mate are starin into my gro cupboard in my garage!

the guy actully walked thru 2 gates and 1 door to get to the garage ( the ignorant ass :angry: ) and seen it all lit up like christmas

anyway i told him i keep snakes in the cupboard under heat lights bla bla , the dick bought it and i aint heard nothin since B) so try that if ya have to bullshit someone in a hurry B)

b.t.w mr copper i dont live whereever i mentioned b4 no more hahahahahahahaha

I lived in one of the most quite suburbs, semi-rural, and had an 80 year old lady on one side, and a regular friendly family on the other.

I had a great setup which cost around $10k to build, with false walls, 10 x 400w lights, seperate mother/cutting room, Ozone to get rid of the smell, etc, etc. Was perfect.

I did not tell ANYONE. I built the whole thing myself, and made sure the power bills did not change, however the cops busted it.

Without going into too much detail, never, ever, trust a neighbour.

Guest Urbanhog
I lived in one of the most quite suburbs, semi-rural, and had an 80 year old lady on one side, and a regular friendly family on the other.

I had a great setup which cost around $10k to build, with false walls, 10 x 400w lights, seperate mother/cutting room, Ozone to get rid of the smell, etc, etc. Was perfect.

I did not tell ANYONE. I built the whole thing myself, and made sure the power bills did not change, however the cops busted it.

Without going into too much detail, never, ever, trust a neighbour.

whoa! 10 x 400W.. thats a fair bit of set up! so you were setting up for commerical reasons? did you get busted after you sold "herbs"?

what was the punishment and which state were you when you got busted? if you don't mind me asking :D

Also how much did you pay for electricity cost every 3 months for using 10 x 400 watts?

cheers,

Urbanhog http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/sp/chefico.gif

Hi urbanhog. Nice board by the way. :D

No, I was never charged with selling. Luckily for me, I had just harvested the flowers and only had immature plants. I was just starting to take a break from the 7 days/week full time job of tending the plants.

Then, I even got sick of looking after those young plants and just let them all die. When the police came, all I had were twigs. :D

I was charged with 'Cultivate' and 'Possess' (NSW), however that was dropped after the police obtained advice from the DPP.

In relation to the electricity, it was bypassed and the police completely overlooked that issue and never investigated it. The investigation seemed very rushed. The search warrant had only been obtained a few hours previously, and they never asked about anyone or anything else. Very unprofessional (Thank goodness).

Overall, I was extremely lucky. That was 3 years ago and I have been too frightened to touch it again.