co2

Hi v8 when i wanted to put some co2 into my grow the fist time i did it i got a 20lt bucket with lid from a barkery (thay will give em to ya if ya ask nicely) and half filled it with wanter and threw 4kgs of sugar in it and a hole lot of bakers yeast and that gave off co2 for about 4 weeks, Nath if u want stronger home brew instead of putting the dobble amount of sugar and makeing it tast a bit like wine use dextrose in stead and lite malt dry or lquid it dosent matter, use 1.5kg of dextrose and 500grams of the malt and u will get a home brew that will be about 10% give or take a lil and it will still tast like beer.

how much would you consider to be a whole lot

I'd say honestly don't really worry about supplimenting co2, as you'll be better of investing your time and money in a good extraction fan to keep the co2 in the atmostphere moving through the GR.

That and an unattended flame inside a wooden, enclosed room is really, really not a good idea. <_<

Yeast can be bakers yeast if you like, just add a couple table spoons of sugar and a packet of baking yeast to a 2lt bottle, then fill about 3/4 with water. Every week remove half the water and refil, and another tablespoon of sugar. You will get better distribution of the co2 produced, (which isn't really that much, and it's likely to be sucked out by the exhaust system anyway, but hey...) if you have the bottle above the plants on a shelf or even on top of the cupboard, and have tubing run through the closed lid of the bottle and down into the growroom, above the plants so it can sink down. (co2 being heavier than air it sinks).

Hope that helps.

Hi v8 when i wanted to put some co2 into my grow the fist time i did it i got a 20lt bucket with lid from a barkery (thay will give em to ya if ya ask nicely) and half filled it with wanter and threw 4kgs of sugar in it and a hole lot of bakers yeast and that gave off co2 for about 4 weeks, Nath if u want stronger home brew instead of putting the dobble amount of sugar and makeing it tast a bit like wine use dextrose in stead and lite malt dry or lquid it dosent matter, use 1.5kg of dextrose and 500grams of the malt and u will get a home brew that will be about 10% give or take a lil and it will still tast like beer.

Cool oz, I didnt buy the kit.. i used spring water containers to make mine, with the air locks, but they didnt work too well.. not too well at all. Ill have to buy a kit when I get some more cash, at the moment this beer tastes like wine and is crap :P Does the job I guess <_<

I'd say honestly don't really worry about supplimenting co2, as you'll be better of investing your time and money in a good extraction fan to keep the co2 in the atmostphere moving through the GR.

I agree, but I have used c02 and it worked, it makes the plant gow alot faster and it also made me get a better yeild.

The only reason I dont use it is because its a bit smelly, and I have to share a bed with the plant <_<.

it doesnt replace the fans Luke, its used WITH the fans still going. The idea is that c02 is heavier than air, so you have a tube (piece of airline), from the bottle to right above the plant.

I dunno but its at least worth trying. just go in the local supermarket and in the home brew area there will be yeast.

use that with sugar disolved in hot water, but let the water cool. then make a hole in your milk bottle cap big enough for the air line make sure its a snug fit. then just position the other end right at the top of the plant. :P