co2

will burning a small oil lamp produce co2 without killing anything

Yes it would.. it will also increase the grow room temperature alot, and the co2 output from it would be very little. I brew beer in my grow room.. $70 for a kit, and $10 for every two weeks after that.. makes 30 Litres every two weeks, enough for me <_< Especially for $10 (Probably $20 including sugar and stuff)

you would be better off doing what Nath says, the home brew setup is good, even if you dont drink the beer.

or a plastic bottle fitted with a airline tube to the lid. a milk bottle will do the job and then have the open end of the tube just above the plants. as the c02 is heavier than air so sinks.

it does make a difference. :thumbsup

:reallyexcited:  Sweet Nath, you just gave me a viable excuse to get myself a homebrew kit, Tom's gonna love that!  :<_<:  :thumbsup

haha Chev.. damn the beer gets u pissed as hell too.. I tried doubling the amount of sugar, to increase co2 production.. (YEA RIGHT - more sugar = more alcohol :P) anyway, tastes kinda like wine.. 2-3 litres gets me pretty happy :P

Hi v8 when i wanted to put some co2 into my grow the fist time i did it i got a 20lt bucket with lid from a barkery (thay will give em to ya if ya ask nicely) and half filled it with wanter and threw 4kgs of sugar in it and a hole lot of bakers yeast and that gave off co2 for about 4 weeks, Nath if u want stronger home brew instead of putting the dobble amount of sugar and makeing it tast a bit like wine use dextrose in stead and lite malt dry or lquid it dosent matter, use 1.5kg of dextrose and 500grams of the malt and u will get a home brew that will be about 10% give or take a lil and it will still tast like beer.