Avoid Cheap Ballasts

Put a couple of med, large Hobby Radio antennas on your roof ..Their RF signals explained and you can go to sleep.

As for the cheap Ballasts ,purchase at own risk .

They may come out of the same factory complex but they are NOT the same, they are NOT tested, they are NOT quality inspected. they are made of cheaper components .

I made the mistake with a Chinese ebay copy Pump and I nearly paid the price ..Only pure luck and timing saved my plants and me. 

BE WARNED.. The so called resin protecting the electronics was rubbish, it failed and so did the pump in a big way, smoke and fuses. 

Put a couple of med, large Hobby Radio antennas on your roof ..Their RF signals explained and you can go to sleep.

They may come out of the same factory complex but they are NOT the same, they are NOT tested, they are NOT quality inspected. they are made of cheaper components .

I made the mistake with a Chinese ebay copy Pump and I nearly paid the price ..Only pure luck and timing saved my plants and me. 

BE WARNED.. The so called resin protecting the electronics was rubbish, it failed and so did the pump in a big way, smoke and fuses. 

what kinda pump was it mate?  i brought a aquaone pond pump for my dwc its bloody 4500lph hoping it runs without issues....i know its chinese made but its a name brand....iv used them before without issues just not on this big of scale.

btw i just purchases that water filter you showed me on the other thread, for using tap water.....only $80 and free shipping....pretty much a bargain...i see they have 2 filter cartrigies too!

Edited by medicalgrower

So where are all these quality controlled items being inspected. Here or overseas ?

So where are all these quality controlled items being inspected. Here or overseas ?

The Chinese are pretty cluey they know how to copy designs so i would assume they have the RF equipment to test these ballast for radio frequency, its really a market u get what u pay for and in amung all the cheap nasty stuff from China they can actually build a good product if u pay for it

ok good point, but your computer wasnt made in the 40's and probably came from China

No doubt a bit of shit around here comes from China

A lot more would still come from, here, England, Germany, Septic tank land and japan

I try not to buy shit made overseas unless I cannot get it here

Don't buy much these days,got to much shit and not enough sheds

The only thing good about Chinese shit is its cheap, for the importer to buy anyway

• Upvote 1

No doubt a bit of shit around here comes from China

A lot more would still come from, here, England, Germany, Septic tank land and japan

I try not to buy shit made overseas unless I cannot get it here

Don't buy much these days,got to much shit and not enough sheds

The only thing good about Chinese shit is its cheap, for the importer to buy anyway

Yeah but what i was trying to point out is you probably are using a lot of Chinese everyday things just in general which are acceptable, i agree its a bit dicey using Chinese made electricals and the possibility of it catching fire but so long as its been imported I'm sure it has passed safe electrical test to be sold on the market and fit for use

its the other gear i wouldn't trust like ordering direct from China and Hong Kong which the products likely havent passed any testing and they are just bungin it out there for sale

i have never purchase a high quality Chinese designed and built HID light that i know of but i'd expect there quality to be far better than any of the cheap knock off's, I'm pretty sure it would be false advertisement for any shop in Australia to claim a ballast to have RF blocking and it fails that test