When and when not to Dim (digital Ballast)

Hi Guys,

Any tips of when to ramp up the dim setting on an digital ballast? I've started at 50% for seed then i was gonna ramp up to 75% when first leaves come about then 100% when i have a few branches, that sound good? what do you guys do (if any) for the first few weeks?

Also this Ballast has a Super Lux setting, anyone have an idea of what that does? it goes 50%, 75%, 100%, Super Lux

Cheers

400W Nanolux Digital Ballast with 400W HPS

http://glandorehydro.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/nanolux-400w-digital-ballast-600x600.jpg

Also this Ballast has a Super Lux setting, anyone have an idea of what that does? it goes 50%, 75%, 100%, Super Lux

Cheers

i would dim when the ballast is in the off mode :D

i have had a 600w digital ballast for around 5 years now and i havnt had a problem w/ it ever.

i always adjusted the voltage when the power was off.

had a 1000w digital ballast for 2 years same story, no problems.

i generally use my digital ballast at 50% when its a temporary grow/position, till I finish stting up a permanent one, then its generally 100% all the way.

love digital ballasts

I been running my 600w at 75% as at 100% it's just a litle but too hot with my current setup, 75% is around 26-27C and 100% is around 30-31C (max) so I'd rather keep it a bit cooler and lose a little bit of light to maintain optimal conditions. Really been happy with the little Nanolux ballast so far, only thing is that it has a fan and so it's not totally silent, but can't hear it over the other fan noises in the room.