Are my buds overdry?

Most boxes that you see on the shelf have a shiny surface, that shiny surface is (usually) a fine layer of plastic and although the moisture maybe pulled out of your buds, where does it go from there?? It will just sit in the cardboard and can still encourage mould. It can't get out because of the plastic coating. You need that box to be able to breathe, hence my recommendation of a matte finish box. I'm not sure on the quantity of bud you're drying, but there is no way a hair straightener box would be big enough to be drying a whole plant.

Its not the whole plant its the buds themselves i cut them off the plant last night as they felt dry enough (so i thought) and i have the lid open on the box there in, in the dark cupboard, so air exchange should be ok i would like to think anyway, and its working as last night they were much wetter for sure so i think couple more days then jars which would bring me upto a 1 week dry so sounds pretty good to me, what do you think merl1n?

There's a few variables, so saying a week and they'd be dry is impossible. Temp is one thing, humidity is another, air exchange also has an impact on drying. Personally I'd say a week ain't enough but that does depend on the variables.

The way I test is by snapping the stems, if the stems snap cleanly then I'll jar, but not before they snap. Even after jarring, the jars need to 'burped' just to allow any additional remaining moisture to dissipate. Don't just jar and leave them, mould is one of the few things that will still form and grow in the dark.

Merl1n

Just do the best ya can again its all a learning curve. Yeah its not easy but the more you do it the better you get at it. Im surprised at how much I forgot being out of it for so long. Keep at it you will get better every time.

I couldn't agree more. I've been doing this for years and I'm still learning, making a tweak here and a tweak there, making improvements with each grow.