GLR - Does anyone use this light schedule?

what's the point of this method? if you don't want it to flower just give it longer days. i don't really understand the benefits if any.

Saves money on electricity as lights aren't on as long, also heat obviously, makes flowering time quicker, as there is more darkness, more root development, which is what I'm interested in right now. My clone is from a flowering plant. If I can mimic a flowering cycle but keep in veg and promote root development, shouldn't that be a good thing? Of course I have only read a little on the technique so have no idea what to expect.

Sounds interesting. And with rising power costs, possibly worth investigating.

perhaps just having a small low watt light turn on for 1-1.5 hours at the start and finish of the lights on session would simulate sunrise/set. ? Keep total light on to around 15 hours. So only full lights for 12 hours.

Stoned and thinking out loud !!

those statements seem contradictory to me, quicker flower time, but keep it in veg longer and save power costs.. you need to think about your grams/watt/kWh of all your equiptment as a true cost or efficiency of your grow. best to just keep it simple I think. I am more interested in efficient lights and improving yield than saving a few bucks on power, i know how much my lights and fans cost me per day and it's not much. I would be interested in your results nonetheless but I think you will get the best results just keeping it simple and mimicking nature and giving it optimal conditions. The lights don't come on at night anywhere in the natural world. you can use far red lighting at the end of your light cycle which has been proven to shave a few days off flowering as it sends a signal that the plants know how to interpret, and is a good example of re-creating natural conditions. 

Edited by hydrochronic

those statements seem contradictory to me, quicker flower time, but keep it in veg longer and save power costs.. you need to think about your grams/watt/kWh of all your equiptment as a true cost or efficiency of your grow. best to just keep it simple I think. I am more interested in efficient lights and improving yield than saving a few bucks on power, i know how much my lights and fans cost me per day and it's not much. I would be interested in your results nonetheless but I think you will get the best results just keeping it simple and mimicking nature and giving it optimal conditions. The lights don't come on at night anywhere in the natural world. you can use far red lighting at the end of your light cycle which has been proven to shave a few days off flowering as it sends a signal that the plants know how to interpret.

The 12/1 cycle is for vegging. Once changed to 12/12 the flowering flip is quicker, hence the quicker flowering. If you started 12/1 from seed the plant would grow practically ready for flower. As I said, it only intrigued me to use as a way of less shock to my clone. If it still thinks it's in flower and it will have more root growth that makes more sense to me then forcing it to veg again, with less darkness for root development...