Fucking helicopter!

Yeah.. Unless its really big ofcourse.

People who grow in tents and don't vent outside are perfectly safe.  They cant see through anything, all they can see is heat as light.. 

Putting several thousand watts near an outer wall might give you away. The wall itself will will get warmer then the rest of the walls and show up on FLIR.  Pumping your vented air outside will also get you busted but for the average home grower a bit of common sense and they wont be able to see anything

• Upvote 1

We have had a few busts the past few weeks so I freaked when I saw it..Then thought I must look suss as running around my yard..So I started mowing the lawn haha..Yeah I think you are right about not picking a tiny hydro setup up..If I did hydro it would only be a small wattage definitely not 1000w or anything that would look suss coming from a shed behind a house.

It turned out they were looking for someone..Another local home invasion and stolen car the street over

PMSL You funny fucker lol they would have spotted your plants if big enough cannabis stands out like dogs balls almost like a fluorescent green

they probably spotted another 20 people with plants too but they mostly don't care unless they see its a commercial operation

a family member once grew i think it was 12x 9 footers or 9x 12 footers in suburbia they were fucking massive all because i gave the family member some nice hydroponic nutrient to feed the plants haha

the thing u need to watch outdoors is for the neighbours smelling the plants or looking over your fence and seeing the plants

as for the FLIR they don't have it on during the day that i know of unless they are searching over water in winter, can u imagine how many people are cooking and there houses are red hot as an oven or there house has been locked up all day with westerly facing big windows and sliding doors, as far as i know the way they pick up on FLIR from the air during the night is from hot grow room air being exhausted outside in to cold air

i believe this is all they can see

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/commercial/2009/10/28/1256748284213/Before-and-after-shots-of-001.jpg

don't forget if your shitting your undies about the helicopter police can do patrols in your street with hand held FLIR camera's but don't stress go LED :P haha nah reallyimagine how many people there are in each major city growing indoors? i remember reading a report on average every 3rd house has grown pot in Australia!

Forgot to mention if your anal about the infrared go buy a camera off ebay than walk around your house spotting heat and deal with it, walk onyour roof shining the camera down to find the heat spots

i remember a multi million dollar bust near me some years ago they said it was one of the biggest bust they had come across and the only way they found the grow was heat was seeping thru cracks where the growers didnt seal it properly, they reported the whole place was covered in a foil film

either its aluminium foil or mylar but just think u can take aluminium foil out of the oven and touch it strait away so it should be a good blocker for grow rooms if your anal