First time grower

dpac

The chart you have is going by a three week grow - veg period .just a guide .You may veg a plant for many weeks before deciding to turn the lights to 12/12 in which case you would continue with the veg nutes . Then depending on the time it takes for your particular strain to to be in bloom - flower stage you would need to adjust the feed schedule to fit in with your plants timeline.

That chart recommends 7 weeks in flower but most strains need longer .as I said it's a guide ,

Let's just say your going to flower for nine or ten weeks before pulling the plant, then use the last three weeks from the chart for the last three weeks Of feeding and water.

Also the recommended time for a strain to flower is normally counted from the onset of buds .not from when the lights are changed .and they may take around Ten to Fourteen days to start budding after the light change,so that is when you begin the flowering countdown .

It's a little late .hope I Made sense .

Ok i think it makes sence is it too late for me to change the resevoir now and make up a growth batch. Wiill they stop stretching now with this nute. They have only been fed with this nute for 3 hours at this stage.

If not do i need to change the lights as im still on 18 and 6. Do they need to be on a 12 12 roster now?

Sent from my SM-J105Y using OZ Stoners mobile app

If your still on 18/6 then it sounds like your getting a growth spurt. What's regarded as the stretch is the growth you get in the first two to three weeks of 12/12 . That's when your plant will gain anything from 50 % its height up to many times it's height .

Average height gain is often considered as double stretch .

youll need to research what you can for that ,Seedfinders is a good site for info on many strains.

Knowing the expected height for an indoor grow can help a little to judge the stretch as well .

Once you know what to expect you can determine how long to veg for to get the required sized plants you want .

Can't see why you can't refill your reservoir.

• Upvote 1

So i didnt change the resevoir the plants were about 350 tall and i just kept on with what inwas doing. They are really starting to stretch now,im inexperienced but they are changing shape and showing the first sign of flower i think.

I will install and build a scrog tomorrow at about 400?

I was just wondering if i should trim the large leaf off as they are blocking the light im nut sure if they should be taken off is there any advantage to getting rid of them or leaving them.

I also haven't topped yet should I ? im a bit worried about doing it as im inexperienced ?

Again any help is greatly appreciated