First time grower

dpac

Yeah, it's sorta true, but you can get away with it if you do it thoughtfully.  I avoid doing it during the stretch phase, and prefer to let them settle for a week or so after that.  But, if leaf thinning is necessary after that point, I'll look to take only a few a day off each plant, giving a bit of thought to where they need to be removed for light penetration and where they can stay, and only ever remove the bare minimum.  Another thing I like to do is instead of pulling the whole leaf, I'll cut 1/2-2/3 off the central fingers on a leaf, lets light through but also keeps some solar panel doing it's job until it's still there to give up it's sugars late in flower, use very clean and sharp scissors.

As far as scrogging it ,for a real scrogging it's kinda late ,plants are normally running under the net while in veg .

When the nets full then head,

Though,..Throwing a net over now can still help to level the canopy and help with support.

Different schools of thought with defoliation .

I always remove shade leaves that block light but I don't or try not to take leaves while in the early phase of bud formation .So I leave them from switch to 12/12 till the buds are well set ,or about a week after onset of bud. And never take too many at one time .

Cheers gazza with afew hickups alond the way im very pleased with them. I switched to 12 and 12 on monday so withur guys advice i wont trim anything just yet. I made a scrog net yesterday and installed it.It seems to be doing its trick. Did someone say not to top them now as its too late?

Cheers for the advice as a first time grower I would be lost without you guys for sure.

Thanks again

Guys my plants are way to tall they are so close to the light now and burning my plants any suggestions. I was thinking of putting sheet of that green chicken wire over them to keep them down?

If you can take a pic would be good, but your best choice is to bend it or try and tie it down somehow so it's not so close and hope it stops growing.

Hey guys i havent been on here for a while my first grow grew out of control. My second one i flipped them too early but this upcoming grow seems to be perfect.

I know undersand everything you guys told me to do and thanks again for everything.

My next harvest is due around xmas so im hopping that the heat doesnt effect this grow. I have the lights on from 7 it 7 in the morning and an air con installed so im thinking it will be fine

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app