Yellowing leaves

First things first is ur PH OK if it isnt you will be sucking eggs the whole season, to me, after the ph issue i had early this season, its far too important to fuck up, get it wrong and everything follows same as when you get it right.

I find Canna plants have a big suck on magnesium supplies going into flower, i tried epsom salts 2 previous seasons and found it to be  useless, what worked for me was magnesium chelate from bunnings, it has a lemon on the front of the bottle from memory, fixed my issue of yellowing leaves straight up. I'm  4/5 weeks into flower and wont be adding anymore magnesium.

If your gonna grow Canna you have to do a bit of study on things like NPK, Trace Elements, PH and soil or medium composition regarding water holding capabilities, drainage etc etc etc

Get your PH bang on and you wont have many issues. imho

Yeah it's strange, maybe I got a shitty ph meter.. didn't know coffee grounds lowered ph, that's good to know! I've been spraying my plant with neem oil to prevent spider mites, but that doesn't keep the grasshoppers away, little fuckers! The plant is looking good now though hopefully it stays that way

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners mobile app

Hiya peacefrog,

I have grasshoppers all the time...neem oiol will eventually stop them.  It doesnt kill em by contact but they come and have a chew and then they ain't so hungry, can't make baby grasshopppers and starve cos it puts them right off.  I am using eco-neem (azamax?) because it works  out less expensive than cold pressed neem re dilution rates and such but may be missing some of the benefits of straight neem in the many other benefits neem brings with it...much much more than a pesticide. 

The hoppers here may have a bite but they don't hang around long.  If I didn't spray weekly my plants would be gobbled.  I try everything I can not to spray after 3 or so wks flowering but have.  the more disciplined and consistent with IPM the better it works. Every week through veg and the first couple of flower. Oh, also alternating with an aloe/fulvic/sillica foliar.  They haven't really worried me this year.  The parts of our garden that tend get overlooked (lazy) get munched...but still not destroyed or unhealthy.  wish I could find cheap organic neem :/ 

Peace and good gardening  :gardening:

Faith :sun: