DWC May Try it Again

Chrystal

I had a look mate its a evaporator cooler not what i need but i don't think i will be running a chiller either as usually refrigerator items usually are loud or with another hum noise i think it would drive me nutty

i am actually getting some wickedly fast growth from coco right now i don't know if its the plants genetics or my LED's but fuck they are fast, 13 days from soaking seeds and i have 3 nodes

still trying to work out which way to go, DWC i can only fit 3 buckets, coco pots i can fit 4 or 6

Coco is an inert growing medium, as are all the others  like perlite, hydroton, fytocell etc, so unlike soil based mediums they have no nutritional value for plants and need to get everything from hydroponic nutrients, though I have heard of coco grows using only soil based fertilisers, but I wouldn't.

DWC is the same in that the plants still have to get everything from a hydroponic nutrient solution, difference being there is no medium and the roots simply dangle in the solution.  You still need something like Rockwool and or hydroton in the net pot as a base and to get them started, but after that it's all about the angle of the dangle.

Systems for coco, a few options.  Hand water run to waste, pump fed on timers, even heard of adventurers trying flood and drain.  My personal favourite is Tropf Blumat drippers, require a bit more setup, and they need monitoring and maintenance, but give a huge reduction in time and effort, and nutrient use, along with maintaining an ideal rootzone moisture level.

But if you want super simple newbie start up, just hand water run to waste, sorta just like growing pot plants (pun intended) :D