Fan Silencers

I guess i class my self old school in certain things chains for one I'm not into all these modern light hangers i think they have taking it a bit to far in taking the ease out of using chains, for instance i have i think they are called Yoyo's what if they were to release when your not home and ruin your plants possibly causing a fire

with chains the weakest part is a link

Has anyone came across a decent fan speed controller that is compatible with centrifugal fans? i mean a speed controller that u can dial back to like 20-30% speed without the fan stalling or having problems starting and no annoying hum?

hey gazza...

https://www.jaycar.com.au/0-260vac-variable-laboratory-autotransfomer-variac-500va/p/MP3080

just get a fooking blauberg turbo 150 2 speed. if youd listened to me on page one youd be sweet by now. I also dont trust yoyos, i set one up with a brick on it and it failed inside a week. chains or okky straps for me thnx.

I had a similar fan to that already and on low it was very loud that is why i went with the Whipser Silencer Fan

My original reason was in regards to a quiet fan for my self but now i may be setting up another tent 1.5x1.5m tent all LED and it must be fucking super silent due to location

there are some USA fan speed controllers on ebay i watched the American videos on youtube which said it will work on any centrifugal fan except the can-fan's but the ebay listing doesn't offer warranty in there listing so unsure how that would pan out

i would like a 200mm fan on around 20-30% but it needs to be silent it'll need to go thru a filter and long lengths of ducting plus thru the tent