Fan Silencers

Tossed a feather down doona over the fan and reduced noise a further 50% so going from the SP mixed flow fan to the Whisper Silencer fan with a doona over it has reduced noise by 75%

next payday i will find some 300mm insulated ducting for the outside and i will also buy 150mm insulated ducting for my main exhaust

after this it should be next to silent

Picked up some ducting from a mate late this afternoon its pretty big gotta be 14" my fan including the mount fits thru the insulated ducting its the white fluffy ducting with the same stuff that's in pillows, i ran a length just long enough to fit around 2" over the filter and it covers the whole fan

from using the SP mixed flow fan to what i have now i would say i reduced the sound some where around 60-65% which is a big difference, all i can hear now is a very slight hiss noise which i think is coming down the 150mm non insulated non covered ducting

thanks for the tip :)

Nice one Chrystal:)

Glad to hear all is well .... sorry couldn't help myself.

I wish I was someone who wasn't bothered by certain sounds  - low bass and motor noise being the main two - but in my case, I will go to the same lengths as yourself to get the fan as quiet as possible. So much time is spent with our plants that it makes sense to me to try and set up a pleasant environment - a nice side effect is that it provides a good level of stealth.

• Upvote 1

Argggg fucking bull shit! that Whipser Silencer Fan is now making a light high pitched scraping noise fucking second hand fans!!!!!!!! do u think it would be easy to replace the motors bearing or just buy a new fan all together?

if i have to buy a new fan, it has been a long time since i have heard the Hyper Fan running but that seems the cheapest option with the speed controller, how loud are they compared to the Whisper fan?

this is fucked mid way thru and this happens :(

Never heard a whisper for comparison, but have been using the Hyper's for a couple of years or so.  The 150 tends to make a bit of a jet engine whine once you crank the speed up a bit, but is otherwise fairly quiet in an insulated system.  The 200 though, can be wound right back and still move a good amount of air, and in an insulated system you can hear the fan motor inside the tent or up next to it, but when I step outside the shed it's basically silent.  You can still hear the airflow noise at the outlet of the ducting, but nothing else, and airflow is an unavoidable byproduct of moving air.  I run the 200 in the big tent and the 150 in the tiny veg tent, and they both do the job at fairly low speeds in the warmer months and at minimum speed in cooler times, and even with both running and exhausting at the same area it's silent outsided the shed unless you get up near the outlets to hear the airflow noise only.

I run CF, short duct, fan, silencer, then duct out via a bend or 2, and use insulated ducting, and a little insulation around the fans themselves.

I just borrowed one of those 150mm axle fans that are compatible with filters it should get me thru untill harvest or i may try to replace the bearings in my Whisper Silencer fan

Thanks Hashy i think the Hyper fan will be my next fan, i was looking at getting the 200mm and using a reducer, the Hyper 150mm on lowest setting moves 94.5cfm, the Hyper 200mm moves 213cfm so more than double the output at lower RPM by going 1 fan size bigger makes sense and would work much better

The noise may have been my hanging chain which is touching my exhaust ducting inside the tent, i will monitor any more noise i know i have a shit ton of vibrations going up my hanging chains, thismay have been the noise i thought was the fan lol fucking hell im tripping out lol the first failed fan on my LED has me on the edge.. the last thing i need is a fire due to a worn out fan