COPPER CHOPPERS!

Superintendent Audsley advises me that operations involving the police helicopter have always been conducted with the full support and encouragement of the majority of people in communities, who welcome the police presence. He adds that the police helicopter is always flown in a responsible manner with a view to detecting cannabis cultivation and this entails it being flown at varying heights during operations.

http://www.nrg.com.au/~hemp/media_releases...ease_0107_1.htm

So we at least know that they use choppers in some places of Au. But none in tassy eh< hmm. :scratchin

Thanks for the advice - much appreciated!

I'll have to spread em out abit me thinks,

I was also thinking of taking a scenic flight over my way

and see if I can spot anything from a light commercial.

How does it work with the copper choppers?

I mean do they just go out and randomly target an area?

or do they wait for a tip off and then go straight to the spot?

any thoughts are much appreciated!

peace

Your real problem is not one of visual recognition, if you put in a large patch the gases given off by the plants (and they do) can be anylised and pinpointed to the cause by satelite. But before you panic - it must be of at least (a certain size planatation - flower) - sorry i don't know how many but i do know it needs to be fairly large.

And yes i am from Tassie !

I've been told the resin on the plants stands out like dog balls from the air, whether its heat sensing or not, I'm not sure.....scattering the plants seems to work though. :peace:

Tassie cops do have a helicopter. They use the state emergency services helicopter. I've seen cops in it heaps of times.

Not sure how they go about busting crops though - I just know that they do use it.

It doesnt matter what they look like or how they are trained, if they use the same technology in their choppers that NZ had when I was there.

They use heat sensors to pick up the unique heat signals that the plants give off, not some idiot going Oh theres a bit of greeen lets pull it.

:smoke:

Bit of a very late reply but i was just sifting through old posts looking for the final touches of info before i take on my own grow.

This guy copped a caining for saying this and was told basically he was a twit - but the poor bloke was RIGHT !!!!

Had to study remote sensing at uni and this can easily be done and i have done it. Although Ferengi just couldnt explain the science behind it to defend himself.

Its about the ratio of wavelengths of light that the plant reflects and absorbes, and in the eyes of sensitive equipment each plant does emit a unique spectral signiture the key wavelegths of light used are not in the visable spectrum insted a mix of Ultra violet and IR and FR are used. Strain wouldnt matter i dont think. Cultivar of wheat doesnt matter when estimating state wheat planting by satellite. Oh yeah this can be done by sat too.

Not only can it tell the dif between plants but it can distinguish stressed vegetation from healthy, and also state of maturity.

From plane 1 pixel = 1x1 m from sat = 25x25 at best so planes are ur only concern.

Peace - not sure if this tech is used to find weed but it would not be to hard to use it.

Edited by danoz

Hi Billo,

Fibromyalgia is shit >:(.

Basically it's fatigue, ( I have chronic fatigue syndrome also) widespread pain in muscles, joints for some

and fascia etc between muscles. There are lots of other smaller symptoms too, and many sufferers like myself

also have depression and anxiety on top. Some people describe it as like having the flu (not just a cold) constantly. For me, it's like arthritis all over, crossed with chronic fatigue. No cure, No known cause. Great >:(.

Stress both phyisical and emotional/mental is the biggest trigger - so MJ is a saviour !

ABR, hang in there hun it will all be good soon, in the meantime partake of the ganja and all will be good!

Cheers all,

Morgz