legal marijuana cultivation in nsw?

DONALD DUCK

Question

hey everybody, I just had a quick query..I heard that doctors can now officially prescribe marijuana in NSW. Ive been a passionate hobbiest for a few years now and had planned on stepping up my game after medical marijuana was legalised. It appears that time is very near if not aready here :) ...does anybody know what is involved in applying for a license to cultivate and supply to dispenseries? things such as who to contact, how much licenses are, tax information etc...In my previous research I seem to remember that a license fee would be around $80 000 annually. any info would be greatly appreciated, cheers everyone, and keep cool.

Hi DD,

I posted this link to a vice article about that very same topic on a different thread.

http://www.vice.com/en_au/read/your-monday-news-roundup-medicinal-weed-now-available-in-nsw-and-a-vandalised-mosque-in-adelaide

There may be some interesting links in that which may answer your questions. I believe that there aren't any licensed australian weed growers that doctors can use. Which seems kind of bizarre to be honest. Its like beaurocracy is trying to impede it every step of the way ! Like the doctors can prescribe weed but not weed made in australia ? Ok...

You'll need to be big corporate with contacts to have any realistic chance of getting a licence to grow in Aus, either that or be a noisy bitch from Tamworth with friends in the media so the Government feels it necessary to placate you so they don't lose votes.  Our governments are going out of their way to ensure that the profits stay with their friends, so we're going to end up more fucked than we were :tantrum:

• Upvote 1

i was naive enough to think we might all be given a fair chance at first. now however i have come to see that was just the last flicker of hope in me still burning away. im keeping that flame lit, i wont let them douse it just yet. unfortunately i dont think there is a future in my lifetime where i can grow cannabis legally as a job. that would be amazing. doing the one thing you love more than anything in the world for work, wow that is the dream.

as for being more fucked i think we will just stay the same amount of fucked really.

• Upvote 1

thanks..i had an idea that it would be quickly monopolized by the big boys..might have to apply for a job as a horticulture labourer with experience ..if you cant beat em, join em...hopefully it doesn't destroy the current market value for our stuff.

if you like doing their repetitive work

If you want to be a cog in the wheel of big pharma

If you want to take regular piss tests

If you don't have a criminal history

If you want to be paid peanuts

If you want to wonder why what you thought was a great job just turned out to be another shit boring job

If you want to wonder why the company doesn't trust you because of the strict procedures of weighing everything before and after you've touched it

If want to put up with occasional searches on leaving work for the day

If you can put up with all that , ( And all the other negative things I could think of )

Well good for you.

I hope your DREAM comes true

SE.
  • Upvote 4

That's why I'm worried we'll be more fucked, as once the people who make the big political donations have a vested interest the government will have the coppers doing their dirty work for them, quite likely with increased budgets and incentives, but hopefully I'm just being a cynical old bastard again and it won't happen.

Difference with tobacco is that I happily grow it out in the open in my backyard, because nobody gives a shit, and most people probably wouldn't even recognise it.

That's why I'm worried we'll be more fucked, as once the people who make the big political donations have a vested interest the government will have the coppers doing their dirty work for them, quite likely with increased budgets and incentives, but hopefully I'm just being a cynical old bastard again and it won't happen.

Difference with tobacco is that I happily grow it out in the open in my backyard, because nobody gives a shit, and most people probably wouldn't even recognise it.

I have been saying that ever since Baird stuck his snotty nose into things! It will never be in the interests of the plebs. It will only be in the interests of companies who have the governments eating out of their greedy troughs. Forget about recreational cannabis that will never happen if LNP or Labour or the Greens have the control. Australia needs a Bernie Sanders in power or a Dick Smith. It will be fucked before it ever gets off the ground. How could one not be cynical Psycho with all the corruption and bribery going on high up in the food chain. What the planet needs is a huge revolution to remove these despots from power. Just like the French did when the peasants were starving.

• Upvote 3

..we are like the crab slowly boiling up...don even realise because most of society is so ridiculously distracted with things that have  no ethical ...or moral virtue...I mean the question to ask all is "so tell me, what is GOOD about 'it' " 'it being whatever fucking hare-brained scheme or idea, or 'new thing' they have coursing through their swine-like skulls.  It seems we crave the things that really, at the very essence, and under a few layers of spin and hype and plain lies, possess no commendable characteristics.  We serve these things and our government does with that as they wish.  If that makes any sense.

Faith :sun:

• Upvote 1