Who will lead us into the green light?

I sorta agree with GBG on this, but my take is that the legalisation process will likely only happen based on big pharma being the only source of end product for consumers, in which case they will most likely crack down harder on home growers to protect financial interests.  And on that basis decriminalisation won't happen if anyone's making money at a corporate level, but if it did home growers would still be butt fucked for the same reason.  I certainly am not seeing an Aussie future where we will be allowed to grow our own without fear of the law, and only see things getting worse on that front.

But if it means some patients get access to effective canna medications they otherwise wouldn't, then I see it as a worthwhile price to pay.  Problem is I'm not convinced that anything besides bullshit and trials are going to happen for a a long time, and that the end result might not be as effective as raw canna for a lot of things.   I'm cynical and disillusioned about the whole thing.

• Upvote 2

Are we compelled to obey a government that has no credibility, no integrity and are ethically and for the most part morally bankrupt?  We can't be.  Who said we are?  It will come down to how much we are willing to sacrifice..I mean they will eventually push to a point where it will snap...canna medicine is only one factor imo.  food sovereignty? tpp and stuff its pretty hardcore man.  then again, the people who pulled the levers for Hitler didn't snap....they just did it.  fear is powerful like that. Where we draw the line?  I don't trust them.  I'll just keep growing and take what comes...cast my vote where I think it will hep a bit but like I said I have zilch confidence in the managers of this country. 

Hashy makes the point that at the least many(?) suffering and in pain/sorrow/hell will find relief and enjoy the mornings again.  Just like the government to seem to do good only when we and the international community are watching.  No integrity.

Faith :sun:

Edited by Faith
  • Upvote 1

The whole Lucy Haslam campaign appears to me to be the most successful pro-cannabis campaign we have ever had. 

The first push was always going to be about medicinal. We're a lot closer today then we were 10 years go, or at any other point in time...

But still... I do have a bad feeling about it. It's gone all eerily quiet, & I fear that they're just going to can it & brush it under the rug.

However if it does actually come to pass, then that is a better starting point, at the least.... From there, we work to make it available towards a wider variety of medical conditions; maintenance treatments, instead of just terminally/chronically ill conditions.

We probably won't be having a serious recreational discussion for another 10 years.

We probably won't be having a serious recreational discussion for another 10 years.

I think that things could change quite quickly regarding the possibilities recreational based on events overseas. California has legalisation on their ballot for November, other US states will likely follow. Canada will be legalising on a national level next year. It's quite likely Mexico will legalise in the coming years if it continues to spread thorough the US and all of this could lead to initiatives in other central and south american countries. This opens up possibilities for international trade. If the Europeans start legalising (Spain/ Portugal for instance) anyone who comes forward with an initiative in Australia will start to have a pretty strong case. We will be looking pretty arse backwards if its legal everywhere else but we keep talking prohibition.