Who will lead us into the green light?

What are the chances of turning cannabis into an election issue, election day is the ultimate petition, one party needs to step up and back cannabis FTW. In my goofy little head it makes perfect sense  :)

The support is there it's just all over the shop atm stacks of petitions one lady had great success and it seems weve all thought ok its gonna happen it's done. No idea if this is the case but it feels like it, were on a massive wave here just need a figure head to ride it down, i wish i was that person but my personality would kill us  lol who will lead us? Do we even have celeb stoners? 

C'MON Malcom Turnbull "Give it to the entrepreneurs" lets run with it, try and catch up  to the rest of the world in regards to everything cannabis

HEY Dan go all the way mate stick it to Malcom before the libs give him the ass, lets have what NSW must fear/cant wait for VICTORIA to be the ones driving cannabis in the country?  would you like a coca canna to start? Hash of the day is from Central Vic and is sure to please DAMN thats what i cant wait for, i can dream.

Great idea to start a petition man not hacking people as individuals rather every single one of us for being fractured from this cause just for the record im in the middle of that lot  :) and the govt for stalling 

Surely Darryl Kerrigan would like the occasional toke, anyway i digress lets ram this home dont leave it in the hands of the pollies, if we want it we gotta tell em, all together at the same time and what better way to tell them than an election, All we have to do is get one of em to hear us, loud and clear.

We are adults, still being prosecuted for a drug/herb that a majority of the population believes is less harmless than alcohol how can a govt elected of the people be so far apart from the people.

Is there someone out there who could take charge?

I've mentioned Mr Kerrigan, Norman Gunston must be a toker for sure?

Anyway i wrote this post in another thread and thought ffs dont let Kanye lose in here so i started a new thread hoping maybe for humor as well as serious discussion as to where we are as stoners where we want canna to go in this country, i put it to you ozstoners surely a vote on canna legalisation is more important than a money sucking plebiscite on gay marriage ok ok dont bash me gay marriage is a big issue but as of late, one is not locked up for being gay 

SO, Darryl, Norman, who else would make a fine leader?

Kanye OUT

sorry i'm well mediicated 

• Upvote 1

What are the chances of turning cannabis into an election issue, election day is the ultimate petition, one party needs to step up and back cannabis FTW. In my goofy little head it makes perfect sense  :)

Fuck all my passionate friend.

It was successfully turned into a political issue when an ex cop's family decided their particular situation shouldn't be subject to the law, and they were connected to the right part of their local community.  The mouth from the north west managed to gain a lot of traction for her narrow cause, and when the media took it up the government shit themselves that it might become serious enough to cause political issues.  Since then they have very successfully turned it into a narrow corporate money spinner which will effectively enable them to knock any future talk of cannabis law reform back into the stone age while a few of their backers make a lot of cash, without upsetting anti canna lobby groups too much.  Meanwhile, us growers are going to be viewed as a potential threat to that, so we are likely to become worse off.

Raise the issue at a political level now, and the answer will be that it's already taken care of.  So sorry Jagged, but in my cynical view we are all royally fucked.

And if you are convinced that election day is some form of petition, or that democracy is real, then you are sadly mistaken.  The people charged with running western democracies are there to serve the needs of the elite whilst trying to con the population that they are not slaves.  Try to think of it like religion, it's an opiate for the masses to keep them subdued and controlled with minimum effort and cost.

• Upvote 6

Dunno what to tell ya Hashy ur right though politicians don't give a rats about you or I what they do care about are votes lots of votes and votes is people baby as simple as that what is the hard bit is uniting the people in a team focussed on a massive statement by every sensible minded person who has been urged by a seemingly magical force, it seriously doesn't even need to be election time if we just moved together toward one goal of being adults making informed decisions

One moment one spark in time that urges the people to be focussed on making a change as one to stand up and then my friend it will be done because we will really want it, and the politicians will be powerless relieved even somewhat elated wondering what took so fucking long? Has Australia lost some of its mongrel?

Winterizing IS coming Hashy best prepare I am passionate Hashy, but still learning to relax and use my mind better and not use violence as a go to dunno where it was said but its a great saying or mantra

Dunno where or who the enlightened soul was but but I like it

Once they have you angry and violent they know what to do to with you they know how to handle you now, think about what needs to be done and do it politely they're fucked not exact I'm sure

• Upvote 2

with baird and the recent heavy handed connex con done by dismantling local councils,and paying a pittance to homeowners

why would we trust mr "hillsong" to have an equitable and compassionate stance in nsw regarding cannabis? is this the christian way if so count me out and tattoo 666 on my head

yes baird starve stall and settle, get your pay cheque and scuttle back into the shadows you conniving deceptive twat

....power trip much?

Edited by manbearpig
  • Upvote 2

They don't represent me or my family. Call it what you will, I am no patriot that's for sure.  their ineptitude, lust for control, cowardly legislations and greed have personally affected me and my family too many times.  they say one thing and do the other.  Our nation is run by cowardly little puppet-bullies of the worst kind who speak niceties while raping creation 

Faith :sun:.

• Upvote 2

They don't represent me or my family. Call it what you will, I am no patriot that's for sure.  their ineptitude, lust for control, cowardly legislations and greed have personally affected me and my family too many times.  they say one thing and do the other.  Our nation is run by cowardly little puppet-bullies of the worst kind who speak niceties while raping creation 

Faith :sun:.

As a former yank you should know better than most of us about how they use words like "patriotism" in order to force the masses to follow their own agenda's, and the fear of being called unpatriotic is very effective at stopping most people from putting their hand up to voice any alternative, so kudos to you for having the balls to turn down that label.  Thankfully that sort of rhetoric has never gotten quite as fervent here in Australia, but it has been on the rise and right wing pollies like Abbot etc have started pushing those buttons, and we have some extremist right wing groups pushing it as well.  And, as I'm sure you've also noticed, we have politicians over here who seem hell bent on following all the anti society, pro corporate bullshit policies from the US which have successfully turned your mother country into one of the most divided and fucked up societies in the world, all because these are policies which benefit the very small number of super rich people who are the ones holding the reins of government. 

Democracy is bullshit, and the only way to change it is if our entire society stands together in open rebellion.  But they know this, which is why we've had such divisive bullshit coming out of politics in recent years, picking out various sections of society and labelling them in ways that make others feel threatened, so that we end up divided into smaller and smaller groups viewing each other as the enemy and reason for the lack of perfection in our lives, instead of looking at the leadership which is the true cause of the disfunction in our society, and yes, also our economy, which is a whole other rant and becoming an extremely effective tool for hoodwinking the masses.  Short version is - economy = wealth accumulation at the top, the rest is spin to convince us to go along with it.

And yes, Aust has lost it's mongrel, it's now considered very politically incorrect, and uncouth.  We used to all like everyone but take the piss out of them openly, now we aren't allowed to piss take, and have become divided?  Seems to me it was better before everyone was offended by words rather than intention.  And the amount of apathy and lack of care for others in our modern society is appalling compared to what it was, and all because a few dicks with a lot of money thought our wonderful country could make more wealth for them, and any politicians with the balls to speak for society have been effectively beaten out of the system.

For fucks sake, I don't even want to vote Greens anymore.  I used to as I felt it was the best place for a vote to go in order to send a message to the rest of politics that their way is unacceptable.  But now they've lost Brown and have this greasy corporate bastard running the party, and looking to sell out their  principals in a pathetic attempt to grab a little bit of power.

• Upvote 2

with baird and the recent heavy handed connex con done by dismantling local councils,and paying a pittance to homeowners

why would we trust mr "hillsong" to have an equitable and compassionate stance in nsw regarding cannabis? is this the christian way if so count me out and tattoo 666 on my head

yes baird starve stall and settle, get your pay cheque and scuttle back into the shadows you conniving deceptive twat

....power trip much?

Oh yes the council amalgamations..been there done that and now our whole area is pretty much run by shysters andex cops. Meanwhile our country brothers and sisters get sfa representation owing to now even more vast areas to cover by these 'super councils'...all part of the deception which brings us to hillsong.  The Word tells us they and their like would be along...kinda like the pharisees and sadducees and tax collectors...all gettin in w/Rome. 

Faith :sun:  the seal of God is the Sabbath, the 4th in the decalogue, no sunday, that's the mark of ?... go see :toke:

Spot on Hashy :bongon:

Edited by Faith
  • Upvote 1

Hi, I wanted to share a story re my recent visit to The Nimbin Hemp Bar ,

I was under the impression that the hemp bar was the headquarters of the Hemp Party?

I question this as the place was heavily advertising the "Liberal Democrats" party?

Has the Hemp Party jumped ship again , away from the sex party?

Its starting to look disjointed and messy to say the least, I have withdrawn my support for the hemp party after witnessing this latest attack on the hemp party by one of its own.

There were pamphlets and voting advice strewn across the bar , apparently Max Stone was behind this , 

I mean WTF? What were you thinking?, this kind of behaviour is exactly what we do not need, we need unification not sabotage.

Hang your head in shame Max,

hell of a first post I know,,,,, :sick

Edited by soffrasonya