canna coco coir VS the rest

I have been addicted to canna coco coir for a long time, now my supplier says he no longer wants to sell it because he cant make enough profit from it. He wants to sell me cyco everything, seems there is a good profit in cyco products Does anyone have any experience with other coirs. ? I have been averaging a gram+ per watt and don't want to stuff up using crap coco. Any help is appreciated ))) 

Nice averages bro.  I am not sure you can put 1+ per wattt just down to the coco brand. You obviously do other things right also.

I tried a few brands but not sure whats best.  You can get good success out of bricks as long as you spend half your day rinsing and flushing it. I recently used House And Garden 50L bag and found it to be shit. Thought it would be good to go out of the bag but not so. Had to flush the stuff a fair bit before using.. If you like canna and it works best for you then don't change, find another supplier.

Edited by Stiritup420

Nice averages bro.  I am not sure you can put 1+ per wattt just down to the coco brand. You obviously do other things right also.

I tried a few brands but not sure whats best.  You can get good success out of bricks as long as you spend half your day rinsing and flushing it. I recently used House And Garden 50L bag and found it to be shit. Thought it would be good to go out of the bag but not so. Had to flush the stuff a fair bit before using.. If you like canna and it works best for you then don't change, find another supplier.

hi stiritup, thats what i've been thinking, been a customer for a long time though, makes it hard to change

hi stiritup, thats what i've been thinking, been a customer for a long time though, makes it hard to change

I'd tell him you want to stick with canna and you'll need to get it somewhere else. Surely he wouldn't want to lose the business, might order it in just for you, to keep your business. You never know!

I'd tell him you want to stick with canna and you'll need to get it somewhere else. Surely he wouldn't want to lose the business, might order it in just for you, to keep your business. You never know!

I tried that, he reckons he has to order 10k worth off them at a time and he has plenty of other customers, he's talking about dropping the whole canna line.  I think its just greed, he can't make enough profit so not worth doing. 

I've used Professional, Nutrifield, and even the shitty Brunnings stuff before, and found the Brunnings to be crap even after cleaning etc, but the other 2 to be fine.  Haven't tried canna coco before, but don't believe it would be better.  However, I am currently using the Cyco coco pre mixed with perlite, same as Katton, and would have to say I'm happy with it, no problems so far and I'm 3/4 through flowering, and also enjoying the bonus of not having the dust and mess from having to mix perlite in before use.

If it's priced well enough for you locally, I'd happily recommend it, but I would also encourage you to stick with Canna if it means that much to you, there's plenty of other places to get it, but freight cost is a problem with bagged coco in particular.  I'm not using Cyco nutes though, and have read of some people not being happy with their nutes.