I was really surprised to see the damage and budrot was my first guess but these went from Ok to this overnight although I did notice a 2 days ago a single stemmed leaf had withered but the rest looked fine...I thought I had damaged it when taking trich pics...The rest of the plant looks Ok and just one branch involved...at the end of the day what ever has caused it seems to be moving along so I think your first advice is still the right thing...out she comes

Been looking carefully at the plant and there are signs of an issue in a couple of other buds...leaves look slightly withered... I am going to a do a partial cut of anything looking suspect and hopefully io have caught it in time...Thanks for your help...it's only a couple of weeks away from finished anyway....its 183 days today and been flowering for just under 100 days...so if I have to go it a bit early then so be it....I will leave behind for a second cut later

cheers

Max

You notice those leaves in the first couple of pics in particular that are dying off in that particular way rather than yellowing off, that's a sign to look inside the bud in that area whenever you see it, as it's one of the first signs of mould inside the bud.  My understanding is that this plant was already showing ambers (or am I mixing it up?), and has already had some flushing, in which case immediate harvest is the go. In which case, go over her looking for those signs and carefully remove those branches for separate treatment before harvesting the rest.  When I trim, I use it as an excuse to go through the buds looking for mould before hanging buds to dry, that way you minimise the risk of spores getting into your stash.  If you're worried about mould, trimming before drying will help air get through the buds, and dry them faster, so yet another reason to get the suspect ones off the plant and out of the way first, cause trimming takes time, works out roughly an oz (dry) per hour for me.

If it's not ready though, you can just keep going over the plant and removing suspect buds, or carefully chopping bits out.  But you want to be sure of the cause first, if it's insect or caterpillar attack it will likely be more widespread and not a good idea, if it's just the odd bud with storm damage or something else non-systemic, then it works okay in my experience.

• Upvote 3

Been looking carefully at the plant and there are signs of an issue in a couple of other buds...leaves look slightly withered... I am going to a do a partial cut of anything looking suspect and hopefully io have caught it in time...Thanks for your help...it's only a couple of weeks away from finished anyway....its 183 days today and been flowering for just under 100 days...so if I have to go it a bit early then so be it....I will leave behind for a second cut later

cheers

Max

You can use baking soda on the small bits of rot. It kills it by suffocation. Saves the chance of spreading to other parts by touching and disturbing the mould spores. Like Ozzy said harvest now is a good idea. Hate bud mould really hate it.