I have completed a partial harvest in fact all the big buds off the top. The culprit was a caterpillar/s and it seems to have impacted 3 buds of which with the worst one I had to chop off most of the top at least until I could see green again. the other two or three were about 2 inches from the top of the bud and I chopped out a couple of inches in each case. I am not sure about them touching any of the other branches but IO tried to keep them separated. I think I was pretty lucky and she is so close to harvest. I will have to keep an eye on her as she dries to ensure it doesn't spread. However the conditions are not ideal anymore, they have plenty of ventilation with a fan constantly stirring the air...here's hoping that's the end of it. Thanks for all the suggestions and help...on the up side I weighed the top bud formation (undamaged) which was maybe a foot and a half long and it was just over 3kg should have a dried weight of a couple of ounces...there was not as much as the earlier plants but the buds are much heavier. I can see that only a small percentage of the plant was lost and the worst being the bud I took the photo of earlier, the rest seems fine from what I could see. They are going to take a long time to dry as they are so thick and heavy so hopefully I have gotten enough to stop the rot.

Well WTF. Been away about 5 days, got home last night. Checked the Zamaldelica Scrog this morning & looks like bud rot. What do you guys reckon am I right? Never had this before, had a bit of mold in buds left too long but shes still got so long to go, at least a couple months. First pic is a week ago. So any ideas on how to proceed? We've had a little rain but not enough to cause this I wouldn't think. MY GDP with it's fat Indica buds is holding ut fine. Fuck I dont want to lose this plant.

post-55515-0-35099600-1459984521_thumb.jpg post-55515-0-53800200-1459984667_thumb.jpg post-55515-0-04770300-1459984800_thumb.jpg post-55515-0-99121700-1459984929_thumb.jpg post-55515-0-76928000-1459985094_thumb.jpg post-55515-0-09390300-1459985255_thumb.jpg post-55515-0-45092900-1459985400_thumb.jpg post-55515-0-85822200-1459985575_thumb.jpg

bugger ! I wonder if its the time of year ? last couple of days have really started cooling off in South East Queensland. 

I chopped my first plant last night.  no signs of bud rot, but there was a large caterpillar on the trunk about half way up.  It almost looked like a lawn grub.

Cannot have been there that long as none of the leaves were eaten.... and none of the buds have dead brown leaves hanging out of them.

• Upvote 1

Oh yeah, I did fins a couple caterpillars to. Only the two though.

That's some fucked up shit Rick, but it doesn't look quite like mould, more like everything above a point on the stem is just dying.  Either way, I reckon those pillar's might be your problem.  Dipel is apparently the shit for caterpillars, dunno about withholding periods etc though????

• Upvote 2

Well WTF. Been away about 5 days, got home last night. Checked the Zamaldelica Scrog this morning & looks like bud rot. What do you guys reckon am I right? Never had this before, had a bit of mold in buds left too long but shes still got so long to go, at least a couple months. First pic is a week ago. So any ideas on how to proceed? We've had a little rain but not enough to cause this I wouldn't think. MY GDP with it's fat Indica buds is holding ut fine. Fuck I dont want to lose this plant.

attachicon.gifDSC02179.JPG attachicon.gifDSC02180.JPG attachicon.gifDSC02181.JPG attachicon.gifDSC02182.JPG attachicon.gifDSC02183.JPG attachicon.gifDSC02184.JPG attachicon.gifDSC02185.JPG attachicon.gifDSC02186.JPG

I lost my monster plant the same way. A few days away from the place and total devastation when I got back home. Back to indoors for me and hang the expense!