NSW warehouse bust

those 3 guys that got busted probably werent even greedy, just the poor farmers. someone else bank rolled that grow room for sure

The way the Viet gangs usually roll is to either get someone into the country illegally and hold any documentation, and make it clear that if they don't work, or open their mouths about anything to law enforcement, that their family will all suffer badly, or to do the same with someone who has accrued some form of debt.  The guys who housesit (or warehouse sit in this case), and the ones with names on paper are all scapegoats put in place to take the rap.  They're victims in these cases, but the law don't care about that.  Yet another reason for legalising recreational use, absolutely nothing good comes from arseholes like these growing weed. 

The false ceiling would have incorporated odour control.  Wonder if it was the bypassing of electricity that brought attention to the grow in the first place?

I've always thought that industrial estate buildings were the obvious location for indoor commercial growing rather than suburban houses.  Equipment, chemicals, trucks coming and going, the odd weird smell, light, or noise, it all blends in better in an industrial setting.  Large sheds and adapted shearing sheds on remote properties is the other obvious one for my mind.  That's how I'd want to do it anyway.

• Upvote 1

So true... And big electricity use would be common in industrial buildings...

Yep, that was also one of the reasons, but forgot all about it.  But it sorta begs the question why cheap out on stealing leccy in an industrial building, surely the risk of attention outweighs the cost when it's logical for the building to use a lot, stupid cheap bastards :doh:

Yep, that was also one of the reasons, but forgot all about it.  But it sorta begs the question why cheap out on stealing leccy in an industrial building, surely the risk of attention outweighs the cost when it's logical for the building to use a lot, stupid cheap bastards :doh:

Lots of commercial growers only look at the bottom line and consider any dollar spent one that they can never get back.  To them it's like they're paying someone to take a piece of them away forever and it doesn't matter if their actions such as stealing would tarnish their soul more than actually paying for it in the first place, if there is any remote possibility of not handing over money they will find that option and choose it every time.

On a side note warehouses make perfect commercial sites.  Massive levels of security are expected, traffic at odd hours is a-ok, the power hook ups and rates charged are amazing compared to anything found in suburbia, etc.  Lots even have a front business room that's closed off from the rest of the place making it easy to have a legit storefront should anyone stop by and you'll have a business to launder money through as well.  Once you go past growing in a single house it just makes sense to go the warehouse route and if you be smart about things like actually paying your bills on time and taking the usual precautions like using carbon filters the chances of you getting caught are equal to the average home grower or even less so considering the ability to keep the public away with fences, guard dogs, etc.  Honestly it baffles me that people would put themselves in such a good position to make money only to then put themselves in prison over a bit of bill shock.  I get that $20k a quarter for power is shitty and all but when you're able to easily make 10x that you'd have to go full retard to steal power.  :greedy: 

The way the Viet gangs usually roll is to either get someone into the country illegally and hold any documentation, and make it clear that if they don't work, or open their mouths about anything to law enforcement, that their family will all suffer badly, or to do the same with someone who has accrued some form of debt.  The guys who housesit (or warehouse sit in this case), and the ones with names on paper are all scapegoats put in place to take the rap.  They're victims in these cases, but the law don't care about that.  Yet another reason for legalising recreational use, absolutely nothing good comes from arseholes like these growing weed. 

The false ceiling would have incorporated odour control.  Wonder if it was the bypassing of electricity that brought attention to the grow in the first place?

I've always thought that industrial estate buildings were the obvious location for indoor commercial growing rather than suburban houses.  Equipment, chemicals, trucks coming and going, the odd weird smell, light, or noise, it all blends in better in an industrial setting.  Large sheds and adapted shearing sheds on remote properties is the other obvious one for my mind.  That's how I'd want to do it anyway.

you ever been out in the middle of nowhere and come across a egg farm? best cover ever, multiple large long sheds in the middle of paddocks on rural properties, those sheds are always lit up all day and night. thats how i would be doing it

Edited by forgetiwashere

you ever been out in the middle of nowhere and come across a egg farm? best cover ever, multiple large long sheds in the middle of paddocks on rural properties, those sheds are always lit up all day and night. thats how i would be doing it

Spent most of my life living in chicken country, so yeah, and I would agree.  The more modern sheds would work with less adaptation than the old ones, but there's quite a lot of defunct old ones in my area.  Would also make sense as you can mark the farms as quarantine areas without anyone batting an eyelid.

Why are we giving criminals ideas :doh:

Chicken sheds and cannabis go way back. Back in the 90's a few active ones use to still breed chickens and have one shed growing cannabis. A friend of mine accidentally got into one when looking for the shed to pick-up chickens. Quickly got out and found the right shed. Kept his mouth shut. I would prefer shipping containers under ground but they eventually get found-out.