Recirculating Toxins?

FlowerPower

Ferengi420,

Hey just reading through your thread at OG and I have noticed a few little problems. this pic is a classic toxin buildup.

Well first off let me say thanks for going over and checking out my thread, I have done my best to back up and document every thing that I have done; again I think we need to clarify toxic buildup, as I have stated I am a home grower and I do not have commercial equipment to test every element of my solution, but I thank what you are referring to as toxic buildup is nothing more than the plants inability to keep up with it’s rapped growth, btw the solution is at that time is no more than two weeks old when I took that photo.

You do flush your system and add fresh water not nutes, thats what I assume the float valve is for??

That is exactly right!! My reservoir is setup with a float valve that is constantly adding fresh water to the solution mix, which in return is diluting the mix constantly, as you can see there is no way for a toxic buildup in my system, the only element could get to much of is water, if my bio-bucket system were to be left alone for a long period of time the only thing that is going to happen is that your plant would get over watered, and that is not toxic, although it would be considered as an unbalanced mix.

Man you have done a brilliant job and also educated this old fool once again, Your system is awesome. But some of the pics are showing nutrient problems.

Thanks for the prop’s bro, but I do believe we have a misunderstanding about imbalanced nutrient solutions as we consider maintaining the elemental makeup of the solution. Let us not forget. Attempting to do so without such tests would have no basis in fact and would be based solely on guesswork. We have a saying around these parts were I’m from, if it’s not broke, way fix it? it is as I have said before, in my exp the bio-bucket are the fastest way of growing MJ that I have every seen!!!

How do you get your roots to grow through the net pots? I cant see any sort of a top feeder.

Dude, those roots grow so fast and massive they just push themselves through the holes in the net-pot. And no I do not use a top feeder line.

Also You dont use Air in your buckets but rely on breaking the water surface via waterfall method.

That’s right, I use not extra air only the waterfall effect of churning the surface of the water in my res, btw I do have a DO Meter and I check my grow every week to see what the level of dissolved oxygen is in my system, my thread at OG contains all of my documentations.

The other thing I cant get my head around, is that you dont use grow to grow with, you said you only used the veg formula once at first and then dont use it again, and you fill up with Bloom and grow using bloom. Have you noticed any nitrogen problems??

That is right, I use General Hydroponics 3-Part Mix, (Grow/Macro/Bloom),[/b and in my initial startup I only use the grow one time and from there on out I only use Macro/Bloom, I remember the first grow I ever did in the bio-bucket and was not sure how things were going to turn out, so I followed the label of the product and my plants were six to eight feet tall, WOW!! I began to do some research and found out that the Beneficial Bacterium extremely utilizes nitrogen, and as we know, nitrogen has an important role in plant growth and plant yield, and it is absorbed most readily by the plant in the form of nitrates (NO3). Too much nitrogen can be detrimental to the plant, producing lush-looking plants but with few blossoms and poor fruit set. Nitrogen is a mobile element. Therefore, if a deficiency occurs, nitrogen will be leached from the lower leaves first, with the appearance of the following symptoms:[list=a]

[*]Foliage becomes yellow (chlorotic).

[*]"Firing" (browning) appears on the tips and margins of leaves.

[*]Vegetative growth is slowed, resulting in stunted plants.[/list=a]

The Beneficial Bacterium makes use of the slightest bit of nitrogen, it actually improves the mobility of certain elements and causes them to be extremely active, and nitrogen is one of them, so in order to compensate for this,..There is enough nitrogen in the macro to supply the entire bio-system, although farther experiments is needed to see if this is true in any other systems, and would not be advisable, or if you have the knowledge and would like to give it a try in your system, just follow the guide lines above and keep a close eye on your girls if you know what I mine.